AE 3.0 is nice BUT FRONT PANEL RULEZ :)

Are you guys on heavy drugs? Setting up patches, typing parameters in, easy drag and drop of effects... I can use the front panel like a boss, but I'll be the first to say that Axe Edit is a ridiculously quicker and more efficient way of making it happen.

:))) nope no drugs, if we were on drugs we would be saying "we luv axe edit man, its pure luv" :)))))

its good but i am faster and i can listen better when i am not looking to the mouse pointer and lots of colors on screen. so i prefer to edit on the hardware

Are you guys on heavy drugs? Setting up patches, typing parameters in, easy drag and drop of effects... I can use the front panel like a boss, but I'll be the first to say that Axe Edit is a ridiculously quicker and more efficient way of making it happen.

I must admit that I did learn quite a lot about using the front panel, but no - at the end of the day, for tone sculpting, I like the interface and mouse friendliness of Axe-Edit. It enables me to see the 'big picture' view at all time while still letting me drill down to the specifics if I need to.

It's basically THIS:

card2.jpg

versus THIS:

800px-Eric4-screen-01.png

I like a combination of the 2. Finding amps, cabs, fx and fast tweakings is unbeatble in AE3. But i like the front panel too. Best of both worlds.

The best part is that those who not like the front panel and has waited for a stable AE has finally got it.

I don't mind using either to be honest, renaming and preset management is the key benefit for me with AE although in v.3 some preset management functionality is missing.. One downside of the AE is the fine control over knob values, I was setting delay times yesterday and it was jumping in 100ms intervals even if I moved the mouse like 1 pixel. Still it's a great tool and one that is only going to improve.

I've always preferred the front panel. I tried the AE for a bit but it was a while after I had the axe so the front panel was just more comfortable for me. That and it works everytime with no issues ever!

I prefer using the front panel, although my poor eyesight is starting to disagree with me. Maybe the AFX3 will come with a 27" OLED screen with it in 4k resolution.....

I have to respectively disagree. Axe 3 is much nicer to work with. However it is nice to know your way around the front panel, especially at a gig when you need to tweek something.

I must admit that I did learn quite a lot about using the front panel, but no - at the end of the day, for tone sculpting, I like the interface and mouse friendliness of Axe-Edit. It enables me to see the 'big picture' view at all time while still letting me drill down to the specifics if I need to.
For a moment, I though you were going to have a screen shot of Visual Studio and I haven't take my blood pressure meds yet this morning.

I don't mind using either to be honest, renaming and preset management is the key benefit for me with AE although in v.3 some preset management functionality is missing.. One downside of the AE is the fine control over knob values, I was setting delay times yesterday and it was jumping in 100ms intervals even if I moved the mouse like 1 pixel. Still it's a great tool and one that is only going to improve.
Not a downside because it's there ! just press Ctrl key while moving the know with your mouse ;)

I...
I just thought...

I just thought that when AE3 was finally released... that there would be no more Front Panel Brigade. That the brothers caught on opposite sides of that ugly war could just put it all behind them and jam the epic jams of the Fractalite people. The Axe-Edit Freedom Fighters could retire their bullhorns and end their blood-curdling war cries- the FP Brigade could lead their battle-worn high horses to he grazing fields for a peaceful life to be.

But here we are, not jamming the epic jams of our people, but limping through the forum battleground aftermath of the Where'smyfrigginaxeedit War, smashing the kneecaps of any remaining survivors, and beating the dead horses with our axes.

War is Hell- there is no salvation. Even when the Great Creators smile on us and deliver us bounty, we damn ourselves in contention.

Back
Top Bottom