New Drivers Now Available

Axe Edit works much faster now! Also driver now works in DAW (did not...). Thanks, i was waiting for this update.

I love FAS and my Axe
Best buy ever, and all these evolutions are so great: a continuous evolution tool !
will install and test the new Carol Ann
awesome Cliff !
:encouragement:

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes

Reset USB input buffer upon detection of lack of input stream to mitigate poor OS-X clock adaptation (as buffer can be skewed significantly off-center at certain times due to clock drift).

Added USB buffer size select in I/O->Audio menu. Set this to lower values for less latency, set to higher values if experiencing distorted audio. Low values generally work fine with Windows machines. OS-X computers usually need higher values due to poor clock adaptation. You should stop USB audio streaming when changing this value so as to allow the buffer to reset properly. Streaming can be stopped by closing the application sending data to the Axe-Fx or by disconnecting the USB cable.

USB buffer level monitoring added to Utility->Status menu. The “USB” bar graph displays the amount of data in the USB FIFO buffer. Ideally the bar should be at around 50%. If the bar sinks all the way to the bottom or goes all the way to the top then the buffer may under/overflow and the USB buffer size should be increased. The number of buffer errors that have occurred since the last buffer reset is indicated above the bar graph.

NOTE: The new OS-X driver must be downloaded from our website and installed to ensure proper USB audio operation on Apple computers.

Fixed exported Tone Match data derived prior to any processing, i.e. before Smoothing and Amount.

Fixed exported Tone Match data not being imported into Cab block if no name entered.

Added Configuration data query function to support Axe-Edit and FractalBot. This allows remote devices to query Display Offset and other pertinent data.

Added “Trip-Tik” amp model based on a Carol-Ann TripTik.

Fixed USB audio in Windows not working in 10.07.

Internal release.

My Axe II came pre-installed with 10.09 last week. Is the version of 10.09 that was just made available the SAME build number? Do I have to install the 10.09 firmware that was just released or should I be OK with the version that was pre-installed?

It appears that if you're running Mac OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) that after installing the new Mac USB drivers that the computer will be blind now to the audio i/o capabilities of the AxeII, or at least that's what I'm seeing on my system.
I.e. Neither Logic or Audio/MIDI Setup have entries for the AxeII audio channels, but they are present as MIDI interfaces in Audio/MIDI Setup.
If this is not the expected default behaviour for the new drivers would someone please let me know and I'll try to troubleshoot my system a bit more.
[FWIW I also have Windows XP running via VMWare Fusion and it sees the Axe's audio /i/o ports in the few audio apps I have under that platform.)

Yes, I did notice that the Mac USB drivers installer text states that for MIDI i/o purposes Mac OS version 10.5.7 is the minimum requirement and that for audio i/o it states that 10.7.4 is the minimum requirement.
But the old drivers, as flaky as they tended work, still gave me USB audio i/o even though it supposedly also had a minimum requirement of Mac OS 10.7.4.
I was expecting this to still be the case with these new drivers, but it doesn't appear to be.

So, since I do not plan on upgrading to Mountain Lion anytime soon, I'd rather be using the previous version of the Mac OS USB drivers (assuming that they will still work as they did with AxeII v10.09).
Where can I dl the old drivers?

So, since I do not plan on upgrading to Mountain Lion anytime soon, I'd rather be using the previous version of the Mac OS USB drivers (assuming that they will still work as they did with AxeII v10.09).
Where can I dl the old drivers?

Here: http://axefx.fr in the Axe II firmwares and drivers folder: Axe-Fx_II_USB_Driver_Setup.dmg
This gdrive is maintained by a user on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom