On a Mission - let's go for FOUR...

Scott, i have been checking Mission pedals, so if I understand you correctly your black pedal for example have dual (or more functions).

1. expression pedal function for what ever you chooses, eg drive, rotary etc
2. click toe-down and you engage the wah and use it as a wah, click "off" and its back to expression pedal function

is this correct, if you understand my crappy explanation ? and is this the SP-1 ?

I hope it's not bad forum etiquette to answer for some one. You are correct on all accounts. But a small clarification. If I understood the OP correctly, switching the wah off doesn't "convert" it back to an expression function. When the other effects are engaged they are programmed to use the same pedal (controller). If he was using it to control the wah for example and then engaged the rotary, it would then control both simultaneously.

Which begs the question, do you not ever use the drive and wah simultaneously? Or drive, peq (for the boost), and wah?

I hope it's not bad forum etiquette to answer for some one. You are correct on all accounts. But a small clarification. If I understood the OP correctly, switching the wah off doesn't "convert" it back to an expression function. When the other effects are engaged they are programmed to use the same pedal (controller). If he was using it to control the wah for example and then engaged the rotary, it would then control both simultaneously.

Which begs the question, do you not ever use the drive and wah simultaneously? Or drive, peq (for the boost), and wah?

I am sure its good forum etiquette to provide answers ;) thanks.

Will do some additional thinking I guess..

I use 5 expression pedals. My case is extremely heavy, but have gotten used to it.

1. Input volume
2. Auto engage wah
3. Delay mix (using input gain in actuality)
4. Modulation Rate adjustment Leslies, univibes etc
5. Output volume (used only when I'm using an Ebow, to keep the volume lower)

i understand the benefit of using pedals, but from a performance point of view I want to keep the number down: patch volume, wah, and synth volume (on those rare occasions that I use it). Having more pedals worries me that I will in advertently collide with the wrong pedal, as I do occasionally with volume and wah.

i understand the benefit of using pedals, but from a performance point of view I want to keep the number down: patch volume, wah, and synth volume (on those rare occasions that I use it). Having more pedals worries me that I will in advertently collide with the wrong pedal, as I do occasionally with volume and wah.

I hear what you are saying. when I'm in performance mode I need to work the feet, because my hands are busy. When I buy shoes they always have to come to a point on my toe area. It's really like anything else, the more you work with them, the less sloppy it becomes. I have been using at least 4 pedals since my ultra days, and personally that's why the black box fits in my life because I have everything at my feet when I need it. I also didn't mention, besides the 5 expression pedals I have four momentary switches as well for boost, and to turn on the Drives during a chorus, it's really cool because I can play clean, then momentarily land my foot on the switch and the drive is engaged until I'm done with it. Same with my Dotted 8th delay. It just makes things easier, when you are performing.

The amount of stuff you can control with those 4 pedals is cool, I am not sure though how touring approved this is. Not concerning the functionality, I am only talking about the weight now. I am using a MFC with one mission pedal as a wah in the moment and I am thinking about getting a second one for some extra fun, volume pedal or wet/dry mixes. And as long as we are touring with full production, all the Backline goes into the trucks, no worries. But as soon as it comes to flying into a gig overweight starts to matter big time... Why does all good stuff have to be so damn heavy? ;-)

I do use the drives and wah simultaneously and it's gloriously rude and fun when I do so.

Hi Scott, a question from a newbie: it's only the black (left) expression pedal that has got a spring load option? Right?

Very cool setup, but you must have really small feet. I'd be concerned about accidently bumping the surrounding two when trying to use the green one. Is it not really an issue?

Very cool setup, but you must have really small feet. I'd be concerned about accidently bumping the surrounding two when trying to use the green one. Is it not really an issue?

I have 10-1/2 size shoes... so 'really small' is a bit of an overstatement. LOL.

I have not really decided to roll this way, just trying it. I am finding it annoying to have to reach up to use the top two; more the slanted pedaltrain than the spacing; but I am not yet moving to trying it on stage yet either.

I have 10-1/2 size shoes... so 'really small' is a bit of an overstatement. LOL.

I have not really decided to roll this way, just trying it. I am finding it annoying to have to reach up to use the top two; more the slanted pedaltrain than the spacing; but I am not yet moving to trying it on stage yet either.

I was joking about the really small feet comment. I also wear a size 10.5, but don't think I'm coordinated enough to pull that off.

Scott,

I picked up the new Mission TT for this EXACT reason. It's small footprint fit perfectly on my board. It has one knob and it gives me the feel of playing with the wet/dry mix of my Bluesky Reverb. It comes with a rubber knob to allow ease of control with the foot as well.

I've got the pedaltrain pro board too. I've never liked using expression pedals on the slant like that.

I'm thinking of going with a flat board like Brady Cases - Flat Board & board cases

Or just getting a flat board for the expression pedals and a small prewired snake to go from the exp pedal board to the mfc and use the mfc on the stage not mounted.

I would stick with fewer pedals and use one or more of these tiny expression knob controllers:

Mission XPB Series | missionengineering.commissionengineering.com

Very small and perfect for things you may want to adjust quickly on the fly, (like vol, or effects mix) but don't need a full pedal to 'play' (like Wah). The design of the knob itself allows you to adjust it in small increments quite easily with your foot :) I don't even know if that was intentional, but it's awesome.

I would stick with fewer pedals and use one or more of these tiny expression knob controllers:

Very small and perfect for things you may want to adjust quickly on the fly, (like vol, or effects mix) but don't need a full pedal to 'play' (like Wah). The design of the knob itself allows you to adjust it in small increments quite easily with your foot :) I don't even know if that was intentional, but it's awesome.

Cool!

And I believe the foot control is intended. As far as I know, MXR started the foot control stuff in the 70's by selling the rubber surrounds for their pedals specifically for foot operation.

The more I mess with four pedals, the more I am liking this idea. Three pedals and that little guy would be very cool and do the exact job I want.

Back
Top Bottom