Anyone Use Fractal-Bot to Update to 2.15 yet?

axme

Inspired
Used it to upgrade to V10 on the Axe.....SWEET!

........any instructions for MFC-101 would be helpful.

Thanks

Its in the 'fractal bot'.

1.Run a midi cable from the AFX to your MFC.
2.Unplug the cat-5 cable.
3.Hold down the '1' button and plug the cat-5 back in.
4.Update the firmware using fractal bot.
5.Reboot everybody.

tried it over 20 times at various buffer speeds and no joy. looks like its back to the midi-sport for me

tried it over 20 times at various buffer speeds and no joy. looks like its back to the midi-sport for me

To use the Axe-FX II as a midi send, you need to adjust a few settings in the Axe-FX II "Midi" tab.

I/O Button, tab over to "Midi"
First - switch the "Send Realtime Sysex" to None
Second - switch the "USB Adapter Mode" to "On"

Reboot the Axe-FX. Have the midi cable in the "Out/Through" from the Axe-FX II to the MFC.

Follow the directions above.

It'll work, no monkeying with settings necessary (I've done it now with 3 MFC's and dozens of upgrade/downgrades in testing)

Watch my fractal-bot and MFC Update videos, link to my blog in my signature.

In the MFC video, when I talk about the computer stuff, just do the Fractal-bot instructions, but select MFC-101 in step 1 and the MFC update file in step 2.

To use the Axe-FX II as a midi send, you need to adjust a few settings in the Axe-FX II "Midi" tab.

I/O Button, tab over to "Midi"
First - switch the "Send Realtime Sysex" to None
Second - switch the "USB Adapter Mode" to "On"

Reboot the Axe-FX. Have the midi cable in the "Out/Through" from the Axe-FX II to the MFC.

Follow the directions above.

It'll work, no monkeying with settings necessary (I've done it now with 3 MFC's and dozens of upgrade/downgrades in testing)

Thanks Scott,
Followed instructions to the tee and no go. No worries, my MFC has always given me fits updating firmware. Troubleshooting will have to wait until later this week.....heading off on vacation with the family.

works for me very good.
used the CAT5 as power for the MFC + MIDI cable for data and the AxeII as MIDI interface.
did it couple of times (up to 2.15, back to 2.11 etc.).
working good.

Fractal Bot rules. Super fast, super easy. So far the glitches with da switches all seemed to be fixed. :)

Thanks Scott,
Followed instructions to the tee and no go. No worries, my MFC has always given me fits updating firmware. Troubleshooting will have to wait until later this week.....heading off on vacation with the family.

Slow down the transfer then; it will work.

The only issue I experienced was when I would open Fractal Bot after I had everything else ready. (AFII MIDI settings and MFC already in FW update mode.) At that point I would see an 'Error 16' on the MFC as soon as I opened Fractal Bot. Once I opened Fractal-bot before everything else, the MFC upgrade to 2.16 worked just fine.

Fractal bot worked fine for me, but after seeing Scott's suggestion I realized I'm making it more complicated than necessary. I had been using a separate MIDI device to update the MFC. I'll have to keep a midi cable running between the AxeFx and MFC in the future.

Used the MidiSport Uno as the interface. Quick and easy, and you don't need to mess with the settings on the Axe II

Used the MidiSport Uno as the interface. Quick and easy, and you don't need to mess with the settings on the Axe II

That answered the question I had, which was "Do you have to use the Axe if you already have a midi interface?" I understand the answer is no.

That answered the question I had, which was "Do you have to use the Axe if you already have a midi interface?" I understand the answer is no.

You are correct; if you want to use a midi interface - you can.

You can use either a dedicated midi interface, an audio interface that has midi in/out capability or the Axe-FX II as your midi interface.

I used my Firepod with the 'Bot. No muss no fuss! Update took way less than two minutes, which included plugging in the midi cable and turning on the unit. :)

A little heads up: you don't connect two midi cables. Only connect one midi cable from the AxeFx Out/Thru to the the MFC 101 In.
I kept getting Errors 17 & 18 when connecting with a two cable midi setup. Once I hooked it up with only one cable, it worked fine.

just updated thru the bot took 2 minutes without any error (raised the buffer to 208 before I started)
cool :)

Updated to 2.16 w/ Fractal-Bot with no issues - used the AC adapter for the MFC, not the Ethernet cable. The only confusion was when Fractal-Bot asked me to select an output port, and the correct option was "Axe-FX Midi In" when I was expecting to see "Axe=FX Midi Out."

Back
Top Bottom