Fractal Audio - huge influence on music business

hehe, fl studio is a great DAW though. I just bought the downloadable producer edition from their website.

How do we see the way fractal audio makes an impact on the music business? Well first of all, so many of the famous guitarists are starting to use it.

In what way is fractal audio really a game changer for music business? no question that they are, they are for sure. but in what way do we see it?

Is music business changing since fractal audio started to grow from it's seed? I'd say so. The way studios record instruments, the stuff people now get to do in their homestudio.

It's really changing how to record, experience, play, understand, possess, form - music. In what ways do we see this change happen people? any examples?

It may be a part of a more fundamental evolution in electronics, but Fractal Audio is the first one to really "messi" the tube amp.

well.. the title of the youtubevideo :roll ok that was a cheap one. But I want to shed some light about what Fractal Audio really is doing for the music business. It's not just about making life easier for guitarists, of course the axe-fx is mostly used for guitars and bass.

But how things work with recording and music kind of changes after the axe-fx. Does anyone agree?

My question to all of you is, in what way do we see this? Because I really think we do without thinking about it that much.

If this video is supposed to be an indicator of the future of music then I want nothing to do with it. A more moronic, soul-less display of machine music I've never seen. With the Axe-Fx THE major component is STILL the human element. So IMO relating this computer made junk to the Axe-Fx in any form or fashion is way off the mark.

What part of human element is in the Axe-Fx, and not in this app?
For example touch, tone, phrasing, timing, EMOTION and all the other imperfect human elements a machine is devoid of. These are necessary elements to good music and can only be accomplished by humans. IMO a drum machine/synthesizer ain't gonna get you there.

the point was not the video.. just the title. And a thread to discuss in what way we see the effect of fractal audio in the music business.

I know it's there, I just want to find examples. How does Fractal Audio change music industry?

For example touch, tone, phrasing, timing, EMOTION and all the other imperfect human elements a machine is devoid of. These are necessary elements to good music and can only be accomplished by humans. IMO a drum machine/synthesizer ain't gonna get you there.

All those things are impossible to get without tubes anyway so. NO modeller will get you there...
Oh wait....
Nevermind ;)

What part of human element is in the Axe-Fx, and not in this app?

For one, the person creating the factory presets.

Then there is the human that does not like any of the pre-made factory presets to the point of making their own presets...

I know it's there, I just want to find examples. How does Fractal Audio change music industry?

I'm not sure it is as much the music industry as it is the musical equipment industry that will be / is being changed. In the next few years, I'm guessing some of the companies who's amp models are in the AxeFx will no longer exist. I used to regularly buy/sell amps, but I have only sold since owning the Axe. It is just the nature of things, but I feel a bit bad for the boutique amp builders at the moment.

Interesting vid the only problem I hear is everything doesn't sound like it's a real instrument very 90's video game sounding. The GUI is cool but that isn't anything new ether. It would have been nice to hear something that was at least real sounding So how this relates to FAS having an impact on the music industry IDK.

I'm sorry. I just tought it was funny the way they used "SOON!" in the title of the video. that's all. Maybe it's just my twisted form of humor. What this was supposed to be about was just a discussion but maybe there's no need for one. I tried to explain in posts above but now I'm feeling this ship is sinking :eek: :D

I'm sorry. I just tought it was funny the way they used "SOON!" in the title of the video. that's all. Maybe it's just my twisted form of humor. What this was supposed to be about was just a discussion but maybe there's no need for one. I tried to explain in posts above but now I'm feeling this ship is sinking :eek: :D

Ok well yea, it didn't quite translate very well in your OP :lol.

One can't always have a cake and eat it too on a sinking ship. I.. I.. I think I've just made a really bad thread. I'm so sorry guys. Don't throw me to the sharks I beg you. No, please don't. Why are you looking at me like that? What.. wait! Nooooo please don't! Wraaaaaaaagh *eaten by sharks.

Back
Top Bottom