Fender - finally!

Cainer

Experienced
Updated to FW10 and dialed in a patch (in a hurry) for a rehearsal using the Deluxe Reverb model. WOW! I just can't believe the authentic blackface Fender goodness I was hearing. This is the best Fender tone I've gotten from this box (or any other) that didn't have "Fender Electric Instruments" on the front of it. Sounds dead-on through my QSC K12.

Of course, most of my other patches were completely screwed after the update, but I'm happy to re-dial them if the improvement is this big, especially in Fenders, which is my go-to sound. Gigging one set at a benefit next weekend and going to take them for a test spin!

This is a great time to be a guitar player ;)

I've been really into the '59 Bassguy with my Strat so far... I think that new IR it has is helping also. I'll probably have another favorite in a week or two.. lots of them are sounding good now.

The bassman has always been great in my opinion, but the other clean Fender tones were a bit more elusive to me. If I got just on the verge of breakup they'd sing pretty good, but there's a lot more meat and complexity to these when they are still clean than in the past.

It's funny because I've never really gotten into Fender amps beyond the bassman so I really don't know what I should be expecting, but last night I pulled up the factory Twin Reverb patch, went to youtube for a demo just to see what I should be expecting and it was ridiculous how easily I could dial in something that was so close to what was going on in the video with just the basic amp controls.

I had to turn it off though; I knew I had a real early morning today and I'd never get to bed if I went down the Fender rabbit hole.

I haven't gotten through 1/4 of the amps yet, but the ones that I have are astoundingly better in my opinion. The Fender and Vox amps are the ones that I'm happiest about so far.

Try some of the 4x12 mix cabs with the fender models.

Really adds some beef to the tones without touching the tone controls first.

The 58 Bassman and the Super Reverb kill for me! Also, really like the Twin...and a bunch of others. Thanks FAS!

I have had a number of vintage Fender amps over the years and the few amps I still have are almost all old Fenders.. to borrow Scott Peterson's term, that's "in my wheel house"..
I agree with everyone else- the Fenders sound and feel like the real deal. Better in some instances.. those old amps can really vary.

I haven't gotten through 1/4 of the amps yet, but the ones that I have are astoundingly better in my opinion.

LOL me neither! I've only tried a couple dozen of the amps but each one I have has yielded significantly better tone and feel for me as well. It's going to be weeks until I get around to exploring all the goodies in v10. The Fenders are soooooooo nice....

Any v10 tips for opening up the Fender models a tad?

I'm liking the tone I get but they are sounding just skoosh compressed. I leave the MV on 10 and adjust just Drive, BMT and Presence. I end up lowering the Drive to 1 to get the most headroom with my Les Paul.

I'm liking the tone I get but they are sounding just skoosh compressed. I leave the MV on 10 and adjust just Drive, BMT and Presence. I end up lowering the Drive to 1 to get the most headroom with my Les Paul.

I'm not a huge fan of using my Les Paul into my Fender amps because, as you mentioned, they compress a little too much for me. I like single coils into Fenders for the most part for that reason. My Les Paul has vintage PAF type pickups, so nothing too hot. I find this the same with the Axe II, especially with MIMIC now.

Gigging one set at a benefit next weekend and going to take them for a test spin!

Yea, I have two full night shows this upcoming weekend and I can't wait to take the II out for a test drive; I redid my live v9 presets for v10 in less than an hour the night v10 was released...was very easy to do and am totally digging them. In some cases I used completely different amps and/or cabs...

I normally play FRFR in my house and live. I teach lessons at my house and have a Deluxe that my students plug into. Normally I notice that their tone is better/fuller when compared to the Axe II/FRFR with the Fender style tones. Yesterday was the first time I thought my Fender FRFR tone was pretty much equal with my amp. Awesome!

to open up a Fender amp you just turn up the volume -- seriously.

If you are familiar with the analog counterpart of what you are playing on the AXE sounds like and how it reacts to your different guitars -- the drive becomes your best friend. Just find the "sweet" spot with the drive and go from there.

No need to go deeper than that.

I'm not a huge fan of using my Les Paul into my Fender amps because, as you mentioned, they compress a little too much for me. I like single coils into Fenders for the most part for that reason. My Les Paul has vintage PAF type pickups, so nothing too hot. I find this the same with the Axe II, especially with MIMIC now.

classic Mike Bloomfield -- Les Paul going through a Fender Twin on 14!

Back
Top Bottom