Best Wireless system for guitar?

What do you think is the absolute best wireless system for guitar you've ever used?

So far the Sennheiser ew172G3 Evo 100 Series looks good and the Line 6 Relay G90, any thoughts?

lots of line6 love around here.. but i've been reading people having problems with the cord connection as of late. I have the older x2 rack and my only beefs are 9v and the battery compartment is mickey mouse. other than that it's been flawless.

Line6 G90 is my choice. Swapped out cable with after market and couldn't be happier. Works for both guitar and bass.

Battery life on xmitter is REALLY good if you set to low power.. I can get TWO 4-hr gigs out of a set...

Only issue I have is that I use rechargeable Li batteries, so they can show 4+ hrs left and 4 songs later be dead... still cheaper than regular battery use tho'.

YMMV

i use the Sennheiser EW172G3 wireless. Used it for 4 years now with no issues. Sounds great and the body pack is metal. Our old bass player had the same wireless as me and i watched it slip off his strap and he slammed it into a marble table at a gig on accident, never missed a beat..

I use the G90 with a Lava Cable that I modded to have the neutrik silent jack. Because I change guitars a fair bit during a set.

It's been pretty flawless so far.

Why do a lot of people suggest upgrading the line 6 cables? Do they fail or is it more a practicality issue? Length etc?

The cable is a bit flimsy. The TA4 style connector ("mini-XLR") isn't the problem, but the build quality of that particular cable. So definitely get a good one. I use best-tronics for my custom cables.

Thanks Chris, I'll probably just make my own at work. Being an electronics tech has some nice perks occasionally :)

Using the G90, no issues so far! Swapped the stock cable out for some from lavacable and its flawless.

Anyone use the Lectronics IS400?

That's what I'm using but with the rack mount kit as well. It's pricey but it's absolutely amazing. No discernible loss whatsoever.

I did a TON of research into wireless units before taking the plunge and that's the one I ended up buying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom