Quiet fan in my II!

I can confirm that the new Axe-FX IIs from G66 have a different fan than the earlier ones. I just got mine replaced because of a problem, and the fan in this one is MUCH quieter than the old one. Just wanted to let you guys know :)

Same here got it replaced quite while ago now and its day and night difference!
Thanks for sharing anyway :)

The XR2 has a higher rated RPM and CFM air flow BUT it does not put out as advertised it was louder than the revoltec. The Revoltec is around 12.3 CFM and does a better job of cooling. (Reccomended CFM from FAS is 14)

XR2 - 2200 RPM - 14.1 CFM - 15dBA
Revoltec -2500RPM - 12.31CFM - 19.99 dBA
The tests were conducted in a room with ambient room temperatures @ 71 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit

I am using the Revoltec for now.

I'm curious: what does the XR2 actually "put out"? What are the *actual* figures if not 14.1 CFM at 15dba?

If FAS recommends 14 cfm then is the XR2 meeting that recommendation, or not?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here.

Also (sorry if this has been covered) but will the warranty be voided if the fan is replaced?

Thanks

The Revoltec is supposed to be a direct drop in replacement. The XR2 is a bit of work. I put one of them in my AxeFXII and am very happy with it right now, but I ended up going with a completely different way of mounting it that included some hot glue which is probably not something a lot of people would be looking to do.

Anytime I can't get something shipped from overseas directly I go straight to e-Bay. This guy in Hanover GE ships internationally. Revoltec AirGuard 60mm Lüfter leise günstig | eBay

Reactions: jma
Sent a mail to Sussi at G66 yesterday after I heard about a quieter fan. ( Got my Axe 2 in October)
She sent one right away. Hoping to get it today.

Im lost, so does g66 do something outside of fractal; aftermarket for their customers. Will fractal make a quieter fan and provide for US?

G66 test and upgrade FW to latest etc before dispatching the units. Seems they've taken the decision to fit all new Axe2s with the quiet fan before dispatching - guessing they were fed up sending them out as retro fits after customers complained about the noise of the US stock ones.

I must say the fan is super quiet. G66 are really quite excellent which is very reassuring.

No thanks g66 team. Received an email that i would be getting my axe by now and they havent said anything yet, not even replying to my latest emails.

Sorry for the off-topic, but i feel like someone is not keeping it's end of the deal...

The fan noise has never really bothered me - but if I got this new fan sent to me, opening up the unit wouldnt void my warranty ?

I wish we would get an approved replacement here in the States.
(sigh) I suppose I am frustrated enough... is there any way to get that same fan G66 is using here in the States? As in, from some place in the USA, and without spending too much?

No thanks g66 team. Received an email that i would be getting my axe by now and they havent said anything yet, not even replying to my latest emails.

Sorry for the off-topic, but i feel like someone is not keeping it's end of the deal...
i also got an email saying that my unit would be ready 2-3 weeks. its been just over 3 weeks and i have yet to hear from them...
But i would assume the reason for this delay is that the fans are now getting replaced.

Veering off OP topic a bit - but I'd say the only reason you don't have your Axe2 yet is because G66 don't have it themselves due to a smaller consignment from the US than they expected. I was notified by them to tell me that my Axe was there and getting tested/fan replaced - a day or 2 later I had a tracking code.

Again I am sorry for the OP, I thought about opening a topic, but I don't feel there's a purpose in opening a topic just to talk trash about something. What I would really like is for G66 to reply to my emails and gimme a status update. That's all.

i also got an email saying that my unit would be ready 2-3 weeks. its been just over 3 weeks and i have yet to hear from them...
But i would assume the reason for this delay is that the fans are now getting replaced.

Well, I'd like to assume that too. But it's been over a month in my case. Even if they're replacing the fan, I think it's a real bad strategy to say your Axe is coming in about 2-3 weeks and then enter absolute radio silence.

Veering off OP topic a bit - but I'd say the only reason you don't have your Axe2 yet is because G66 don't have it themselves due to a smaller consignment from the US than they expected. I was notified by them to tell me that my Axe was there and getting tested/fan replaced - a day or 2 later I had a tracking code.

Once again, I have no problem in waiting for my fan to be replaced of for any other matter. Just TELL me what is happening. And please REPLY to my emails. That is BASIC customer care philosophy.

Again, very sorry for the OP, felt I had to put this out there. (I know, I know, I'm an egomaniac :) ) OP mode off. If anybody else has more info on this matter, just drop me a PM and we'll take this discussion from there.

Anyawyz, can't wait to get my ultra quiet new fan! :)

Back
Top Bottom