Votes: 64 37.6%
  • 51-60

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • >60

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

T.B.B.

Inspired
thought it would be interesting to see the age of the members on this board..
there we go :D

What is your age?

btw i just turned 21 this September :D

Last edited:
You forgot to mention what your age is... You didn't think that would slip by us, did you?

As for me, I am the oldest darn 30 year old man you'll ever meet. 3 kids ages 2, 4, and 6'll do that to a once young man. Anyway, my Axe FX II will soon be keeping me young again... Or something like that.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

I remember I did a poll like this a while back. Most people on here have kids my age :lol it is a good time to be alive :D

Sammy,
Yes, it is a good time to be alive. At my age, anything above grade is a good thing! Our band is made up of 4 guys. We're playing classic rock stuff like Cars, CSN&Y, SRV, and a mixed bag of all sorts of other stuff. Three of us are members of the 'Half Century' club, and then our drummer 'The Kid' is early 30's. When we first invited him in to audition, he commented "Yeah, I think I've heard this song. My dad used to listen to it." Ouch!!!! Talk about sting.

In my church gig, I often play with kids in their teens. What a blast.

Nonetheless, I can't get the music thing out of my system and I'm thankful for it. Not too many things I do that bring me as much enjoyment as playing music live.

Lets rock!

BJD

Last edited:
You forgot to post your age guys!!! C'mon we're men not ladies!!!

Sent from my iPod.

To the original poster: you're kind to group all the <20 into a single category... I would have guessed, judging by recent activity on the forum, that there are a lot of 12-14 years olds around here nowadays... no offense to 12-14YO's, but one day in the future, you'll understand...
;-)

Technically I fall in the void of two gaps since I am 20 going 21 soon but hey I went with <20.

@Big Joe Daddy music can be appreciated by all ages and that's what makes it grand. Especially when it is fellow musicians playing and jamming along together. It's rad stuff :)

@shotgunn nikki-k is a woman and she posted her age. She wins. :lol

Technically I fall in the void of two gaps since I am 20 going 21 soon but hey I went with <20.

@Big Joe Daddy music can be appreciated by all ages and that's what makes it grand. Especially when it is fellow musicians playing and jamming along together. It's rad stuff :)

@shotgunn nikki-k is a woman and she posted her age. She wins. :lol

Doh!!! Sorry Nikki!!! You're the first female I've encountered here. I made an ASSumption. Forgive me.

Sent from my iPod.

In my church gig, I often play with kids in their teens. What a blast.

Yeah, I play in worship bands with kids young enough to be my children and adults old enough to be my parents. It's all good.

A friend of mine went on tour with a band of younger kids. When he was asked in an interview what it was like to be the "old guy" in the band he responded, "Well, it's a lot of fun but you can tell the difference in our priorities by looking in our luggage. They pack a lot of hair spray, mousse, makeup, and stuff like that. If you look in my bag you'll find Pepto Bismol, aspirin, and extra toilet paper."

44. And its a difficult year, as thats how old my dad was when he died. Still the kids (8+6) keep me younger than I am at times :)

Well this is a surprise to me in my advanced years. I thought over half of the forum were under-twenty death-metal-heads who still haven't figured out that less is more. And that's mostly a criticism of my poor judgement, not the under-twenties.:lol

To the original poster: you're kind to group all the <20 into a single category... I would have guessed, judging by recent activity on the forum, that there are a lot of 12-14 years olds around here nowadays... no offense to 12-14YO's, but one day in the future, you'll understand...
;-)
That's funny! Might piss some folks off, but what's new? You're right, this forum has been a bit testy lately. Seems every time there's some chatter about a new firmware release, everyone gets tighter than a guitar string!

Yeah, I play in worship bands with kids young enough to be my children and adults old enough to be my parents. It's all good.

A friend of mine went on tour with a band of younger kids. When he was asked in an interview what it was like to be the "old guy" in the band he responded, "Well, it's a lot of fun but you can tell the difference in our priorities by looking in our luggage. They pack a lot of hair spray, mousse, makeup, and stuff like that. If you look in my bag you'll find Pepto Bismol, aspirin, and extra toilet paper."

Funny! (but true)

Back
Top Bottom