LA Amp Show...

cobbler

Fractal Fanatic
Stopped by the Amp show today. Was going to hang out for about an hour and say hi to Cill and Matt. Checked in at the Suhr room. I am looking at ordering a modern. Was able to meet and say hello to Mark Day who was manning the Cameron room so that was cool.

Then I cruised over to the Fractal room. When I arrived Cliff, Matt and Dweezil had just recorded an IR and were experimenting with it. I so wish I had brought a video camera. I did have my crappy little blackberry so I took a few miutes of really shoddy video whose audio quality isn't any better than the video. Dweezil was all over the fretboard demonstrating various tones. Mark Cameron popped in and it was interesting to see him and Cliff talk as Dweezil played the Cameron patch. It was also interesting to see the interaction between Matt and Dweezil as they were setting up presets and programming the MFC.

Matt and Cliff were as graciolus as ever and Dweezil is a really cool down to earth guy who had nothing but time for each and every person who approached him.

Again, the videos and sound quality is pure suckage but it was a blast to sit there and soak it all in. My hour quickly turned into 3. Several publications came by and recorded video and audio so no doubt clips and pics will pop up shortly.

Craig

Last edited:
cool! thanks for posting these.

so i'll ask the usual question: what were they using for amp/cab?

They were using some Mackie powered monitors. I have no clue which ones.

As for the amp and cab choices on the II they were jumping all over the place. He's playing the Cameron preset when Cliff is talking to Mark.

Watching Matt and Dweezil interact was very cool. Having a friend tweak as you play really streamlines the process.

Last edited:
Very cool hard to make out the conversation ..but Mark does sound like he says thats pretty good .then they are talking about the low end and resonance ..I honestly think when Cliff gets the amps and has time to get the proper measurements .the Cameron
could very well turn out to be one of the best and most unique high gainers in the box

Thanks for posting these from all the people could not attend the LA Show Amp!

"Premier Guitar
At the LA Amp Show, Fractal Audio offered up a cool treat by having Dweezil Zappa demo the Axe-Fx II with wacky presets. Be sure to check out the video on premierguitar.com in the coming days"

I saw this on the Premier Guitar Facebook Wall. I'll be interested in seeing the video & what Cliff and the Team have to say.

I don't think Cliff has ever been in front of the camera for Premier Guitar or any of the other productions. In the past it was Tom, it'll probably be Matt now.

The LA Amp Show was very cool. I had to spend most of my time in the Cameron room but I did get to visit the Fractal room a few times.

I was fortunate enough to meet some guys from the forum. You guys are always just too kind and I appreciate it so much.

Watching Dweezil, Larry Mitchell and others play was such a treat. It was my first time meeting Cliff, Dweezil and Larry in person. All I can say is what nice folks they are!!!
Matt Picone is a class act and sure knows his stuff too. He and Cliff should write a book about their travels and the awesome artist stories. I'm sure it would be a best seller :)

I feel very lucky to be part of this so very cool community!!

Mark

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.945872,-118.403897

I was there on Sunday, Got to test drive the AXE ll, the next thing I knew the room was full of people watching a truck-driver tear it up. That thing makes you sound so good (Didn't want to let go!). Matt and Cliff were great and Mark Day let me take his Guitar for a spin too. I couldn't believe the talent that I was sitting and talking with in that little room. It was a good day to be in LA. Not sure that I can wait for that coupon!!

That Dweezil clip at 1:18 sounds so much live Vai's tone...damn it's nice ! Would love to dial in that patch *drools*
Thanks for those who uploaded videos !

The LA Amp Show was very cool. I had to spend most of my time in the Cameron room but I did get to visit the Fractal room a few times.

I was fortunate enough to meet some guys from the forum. You guys are always just too kind and I appreciate it so much.

Watching Dweezil, Larry Mitchell and others play was such a treat. It was my first time meeting Cliff, Dweezil and Larry in person. All I can say is what nice folks they are!!!
Matt Picone is a class act and sure knows his stuff too. He and Cliff should write a book about their travels and the awesome artist stories. I'm sure it would be a best seller :)

I feel very lucky to be part of this so very cool community!!

Mark

---
I am here: Google Maps

It was nice to meet you too!
Mark

(the guy you were talking about matrix amps with)

Hi Mark, we met Sunday afternoon, You were kind enough to take a bunch of pic for me! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom