Countdown 0.5...

So much divisiveness. Let the dummy's hate — life's to short to play ball with them.

I must say, all of this suspense is pretty cool! Can't wait until tomorrow.

I will be like :eek: !

I guess many did not expect to see a new unit in the next 2 years, so they thought they get fractal's best unit + firmware updates. Now used unit prices will drop from now on radically. -That's something to be very upset about.
Don't be upset; it's not healty for one thing....

Why would no one expect to see something new come out within the next 2 years? Was that on the website? Technology is always moving forward and if you are looking for something as a long term investment ANY modelling gear at all is probably not the best item to invest in.

Did Cliff say that he's going to stop releasing firmware updates for the AxeFX?

Do you even know what the new product is yet? :razz It could cost $12K for all we know. Would you have still bought it? What if it's buggy as hell and causes cancer in small children; would you still feel slighted?

I'm just saying let's calm down a with the Axegeddon/over the top stuff until we find out what's REALLY going on. This whole thing has me excited to see what he has up his sleeve and I do have high hopes to come out of this with a new version of AxeEdit and maybe some new firmware. If not than so be it for now. My AxeFX still works fine and sounds amazing.

If its something new and amazing well I'm excited to hear about it too. Either way I still wake up tomorrow. You will too; I promise.

Sherlock-Holmes-Baker-Street.jpg

"You have seen Watson, but you have not observed."

Got this nagging feeling that the clues are staring me in the face but I'm missing something...

I think it might be Axe-PC. I'm curious, how was the Ultra introduced? This just doesn't feel like new hardware. I think it's a software product. More than Axe Edit or Axe Manage.

Pehaps the AX fx line is done perhaps Fractal is done New beginning .Cliff has teamed up with Tc electronics Redwirez ,Atomic and we are looking at a completly New company ..eXtreme Digital

When you have been around this forum for some time and you get a feel for things and how they work..personality wise and business wise, a business is nothing without it's costumers no matter how good the product, and most on here..including myself.. buy into the business model cliff has developed as much as the products..this time tomorrow we will all be grinning going to other forums telling them how there stuff stinks compared our new 1u "add on"

:mrgreen

I admire your thought processes but the reality will be very different. RIP Ultra. All hail the new King!

Folks, even with G66's countdown 1 remarks one could still apply a major firmware upgrade scenario to it. The new firmware's vastly superior modeling techniques have made the current axe-fx/Axe-Fx Ultra's modeling obsolete!

View attachment 4887

"You have seen Watson, but you have not observed."

Got this nagging feeling that the clues are staring me in the face but I'm missing something...
I can see your point, but to be honest if you're going to do a countdown that's supposed to have everyone on the edge of their seat........

....well you have to do an M Night Shamalayan. You mislead just enough so that when you get to the end people are all like "NO F***'N WAY MAN!"

At least that's how I'd do it. Of course if I was creating the AxeFX it'd sound like a rebadged Zoom pedal or something. :razz

I think it might be Axe-PC. I'm curious, how was the Ultra introduced? This just doesn't feel like new hardware. I think it's a software product. More than Axe Edit or Axe Manage.
Possible !
The Next Step from Hardware is maybe Software ? Maybe ? Who knows ?

Haha. I spent months saving for an ultra and just finally was able to order one 3 days ago. It won't even get to me until next week... I know I'm getting what I paid for, but I will feel pretty silly if I waited this long and don't get the new one, if it does exist. I'm excited for tomorrow either way!!

Well, whatever the heck this new thing is, nobody is going to find out from the G66 site tomorrow if it gets Fracdotted like it is currently...

Originally Posted by FractalAudio

plus ça change plus c'est la même chose

If this isn't a hint that it is an expansion and not a replacement, what else is? Literally translated it means "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

Doesn't stop Apple from keeping updating their products. Their customers are glutton for punishment. :)
Apple don't limit functionality to specific hardware though & render existing products obsolete. As with all computers, of which the Axe is one, updated content is available to their entire client base (sometimes free, sometimes at a cost). Our Ultra's are fantastic machines, as is my Mac Pro (both are only a few months old). I'm not going to run out & buy a new Mac Pro with Thunderbolt as soon as it drops, in much the same way as I wouldn't rush out to buy an updated Ultra with USB or whatever. The content is what's important & on a pro bit of kit this should not be limited to being only available with new hardware. The Axe isn't a £250 POD, the hardware is designed for the long-haul (like a Mac Pro) & any new firmware/software should be available to all (whether at a cost or not) ...as it would be with Apple.

If this isn't a hint that it is an expansion and not a replacement, what else is? Literally translated it means "The more things change, the more they stay the same"
Yes, or it points to a Floorboard Unit that replaces the Axe/Ultra

I agree. I also have to wonder, if there was a new hardware unit about to be announced, how would Fractal keep it secret unless it hasn't gone to production yet? Somebody would have leaked something by now it seems to me at the factory that silk screens or labels the front panels, if not somewhere else in the chain. On the other hand, it's easy to make a circuit board for a retrofit or add on without the people at the factory that makes it even knowing what it will be used for.

Back
Top Bottom