Countdown 0.5...

I don't think that they'll be completely replacing the Ultra, otherwise the way they've chosen to market the new 'launch' wouldn't make any sense. Giving out no info at all about a replacement being worked on, then doing a major countdown & saying that all current users will be 'happy', then having the european distributor poking fun at your entire existing client base by basically saying 'yours isn't current anymore!' would make no sense whatsoever if what you were going to be selling wasn't either an add-on or an upgrade to the existing product.

Gutted! My nightmare has been realised. Oh well lets hope I get new firmware at least.

If the new thing costs pretty much like my 6 months old Ultra, and if I can't upgrade at low cost, Cliff, it will be a letdown.

Gave it more thought... It sounds deceptive from the #1 countdown... If Cliff´s gonna make all of us happy, must be the new a new firmware, one which will allow the Axe to double the number of amp models, FX and all... AND have even better models, if that is even possible!, and a totally redesigned interface.

no, new hardware only, sorry.

I don't have the time to find it right now, but he DID say that just a couple of days ago.
I don't think so. On TGP, in response to a post that the announcement 'would be a letdown after the 10-day countdown,' Cliff posted, "All I will say is it won't be a letdown..." I don't see any posts where he discusses the potential happiness of current or future customers.

Why on earth would anyone expect to get a refund on something that they bought of their own volition? Did it not work as advertised? Did it break? Did it cause them physical harm?

This whole competition where it's about having the newest and most impressive thing is pretty damn pathetic if you ask me. We don't even know what it is yet and people are already crying foul.

If it was good enough to spend $2000 on a week ago what has changed? Something new may be coming out? Welcome to the real world. The only constant is that things will always change and progress and nothing stays the same forever.

If you bought the AxeFX to maintain your internet status then you should be used to having to play keep up all the time and shouldn't be phased you one bit as you're probably running the newest and fastest computers and have the latest generation cell phones.

Would you ask for a refund on your old phone or computer? Of course not.

Did they work perfectly fine when you upgraded? Probably.

Were there improvements over them in the new ones? I certainly would hope so.

If you are freaking out over this I strongly suggest you put your old crappy AxeFX up on e-Bay right now while the getting is good.

Why on earth would anyone expect to get a refund on something that they bought of their own volition? Did it not work as advertised? Did it break? Did it cause them physical harm?

This whole competition where it's about having the newest and most impressive thing is pretty damn pathetic if you ask me. We don't even know what it is yet and people are already crying foul.

If it was good enough to spend $2000 on a week ago what has changed? Something new may be coming out? Welcome to the real world. The only constant is that things will always change and progress and nothing stays the same forever.

If you bought the AxeFX to maintain your internet status then you should be used to having to play keep up all the time and shouldn't be phased you one bit as you're probably running the newest and fastest computers and have the latest generation cell phones.

Would you ask for a refund on your old phone or computer? Of course not.

Did they work perfectly fine when you upgraded? Probably.

Were there improvements over them in the new ones? I certainly would hope so.

If you are freaking out over this I strongly suggest you put your old crappy AxeFX up on e-Bay right now while the getting is good.

QFT + 10000

I guess many did not expect to see a new unit in the next 2 years, so they thought they get fractal's best unit + firmware updates. Now used unit prices will drop from now on radically. -That's something to be very upset about.

My current take..about the 10th and counting! ;)

Cliff is no fool, do you really think for guys who have a saved up hard to buy the Ax and maybe very recently purchased one..he would show a picture basically saying this now is old technology?? It would be foolish and alot of people would think disrespectful!

When L6 released the HD everyone knew for months before, obviously to build hype ,but i'm sure marketing purposes as well..so a kid buys the X3 live and the next day the HD is released..or course he would be peeved at L6, it's human nature.

Whenever a completely new model is released of anything there a protocol followed because you want to keep your customers loyal and on side..and if there is one thing Fractal are good at, it is keeping costumer loyalty..No way is this a completely new Ultra...PROVE ME WRONG CLIFF!! :mrgreen

Last edited:

Cliff is no fool, do you really think for guys who have a saved up hard to buy the Ax and maybe very recently purchased one..he would show a picture basically saying this now is old technology?? It would be foolish and alot of people would think disrespectful!

When L6 resealed the HD everyone knew for months before obviously to build hype but i'm sure marketing purposes as well..so a kid buys the X3 live and the next day the HD is released..or course he would be peeved at L6, it's human nature.
Whenever a completely new model is released of anything there a protocol followed because you want to keep your customer loyal and on side..and if there is one thing Fractal are good at, it is keeping costumer loyalty..No way is this a completely new Ultra...PROVE ME WRONG CLIFF!! :mrgreen

+1,000,000

When L6 resealed the HD everyone knew for months before obviously to build hype but i'm sure marketing purposes as well..so a kid buys the X3 live and the next day the HD is released..or course he would be peeved at L6, it's human nature.
Whenever a completely new model is released of anything there a protocol followed because you want to keep your customer loyal and on side..and if there is one thing Fractal are good at, it is keeping costumer loyalty..No way is this a completely new Ultra...PROVE ME WRONG CLIFF!! :mrgreen

You are clutching at straws man. It's a brutal world out there. Cliff is running a business. Businesses ceate new products. This is totally new and will put our Ultras to shame. For anybody in a position to upgrade I salute you. I now have to rebuild my thought processes and learn to accept my current ultra.

Regardless of what actually happens with the real announcement, why on earth does anyone think they are entitled to a hardware upgrade path from Cliff at little or no cost? Really?

Have you read this forum recently? I think a lot of expectations do not align with yours (logical) at all. People asking about "give backs" for recent purchases, etc. I wouldn't have bothered if what you were saying was so sweepingly the case.

Sorry, didn't see any posts about "givebacks." No, Fractal owes nothing. I've bought Apple products that were updated within months of my purchase, that's just the way of technology.

You are clutching at straws man. It's a brutal world out there. Cliff is running a business. Businesses ceate new products. This is totally new and will put our Ultras to shame. For anybody in a position to upgrade I salute you. I now have to rebuild my thought processes and learn to accept my current ultra.

When you have been around this forum for some time and you get a feel for things and how they work..personality wise and business wise, a business is nothing without it's costumers no matter how good the product, and most on here..including myself.. buy into the business model cliff has developed as much as the products..this time tomorrow we will all be grinning going to other forums telling them how there stuff stinks compared our new 1u "add on"

:mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom