Countdown 0.5...

I think I'm going to have to take a 'sick day' on Monday. If it's new firmware, I'll be busy downloading and testing and if it's some new hardware that a) I can't afford or b) could afford but wouldn't be able to get since thousands of other members would probably be ahead of me, it would result in serious depression.

If it's new firmware I wonder how many hits it takes to crash their server?

I was just re-reading the G66 entry for countdown 5. There's one conspicuous absence from their list of what it's not. The axe-lite has been the subject of quite a bit of speculation on this forum and should have deserved mention on their list. Sometimes what's not said is more important. :)

Note that "smaller and more powerful axe-fx" is NOT a correct descripton of the axe-lite.

THE END OF DEVELOPMENT?
But eventually you find yourself wondering whether this universe of sounds that causes such amazing fascination in us guitarists can ever really be improved upon. Is it possible at all? .... (to be continued)
this is the last post from the g66 countdown page... sure sounds like new hardware to me or a firmware so big it won't fit into my ultra :)

I got it...something completely different!!!! A hand watch tuner with heat and cold sensing...hot, pitch to high and cold to low. Hot and cold together tuned!!! hehehehe!!!

"Small and more powerful axe"... Maybe it´s the same size. Just more power :)

Last edited:
this is the last post from the g66 countdown page... sure sounds like new hardware to me or a firmware so big it won't fit into my ultra :)

Or maybe Cliff just reworked the whole structure of the firmware.
That "fact" that says we can only have 10 User Slots because the User Slots sit in a different memory and it is full maybe got changed or worked around.
Maybe much more memory of the "other kind" is now suddenly available for CABs
after the re-structuring.

So now Cliff can build a whole new kind of Cab simulation, a much better larger and more sophisticated one.

As you can tell I'm really hoping it's the CAB section that got improved.
Why?
Because that's the only section that can be improved... everything else is pretty much perfect.

:D

I live in Canada (for the moment). A hoodie usually means you're way under dressed for the weather, unless it's June, July and August when it's 95F with 99% humidity.

:)

Mark

Time to move down to the Banana Belt of Canada Mark. Hoodie weather 4-6 months a year!

In the event that this news does include a firmware update, we should have some mirror sites setup to reduce the strain on the FAS server. IIRC, last time there was a major update, the servers where getting hammered. So, anyone with some good hosting abilities should get in contact with those whom need to be in contact with, and see if this could take place. You, know just some good old preemptive planning. lol

Back
Top Bottom