Countdown 0.5...

Has anyone else noticed..no Axe Fx ad in Guitar World (June issue). I think this points towards replacement of the Axe fx hardware units

I think Cliff stated he didn't want to do any other advertising because of the shortage of units and he can't keep them in stock. I think he also stated that steps were being taken to ensure availability.

Like any good mystery, this scenario has many variables. It's entertaining to guess, but that's really all of us who don't have inside information are doing hehe

urrrrr is it possible they are delaying ultras in the shopping cart out of good will of a new product coming out!??!?!

certainly possible. also possible that production of the ultras has temporarily taken a back seat to production of new thing, whatever it may be.

Nope. The zero day is really just going to be the 100 day of the new countdown.

I wasn't really referring to anything in particular with the "6 sleeps" aside from the factoid that I was just excited that in 6 sleeps it will be Monday. Mondays rock because as we all know, Monday rhymes with Funday. This is pertinent, somehow.

Not sure why you quoted me though. Is something supposed to happen next Monday (read 'Funday') that I am missing here? Hate being out of the loop.

Last edited:
the G66 site blurb for today's countdown....

by the looks of the lead-in to tomorrows update, we may get some decent clues very soon??

I wasn't really referring to anything in particular with the "6 sleeps" aside from the factoid that I was just excited that in 6 sleeps it will be Monday. Mondays rock because as we all know, Monday rhymes with Funday. This is pertinent, somehow.

Not sure why you quoted me though. Is something supposed to happen next Monday (read 'Funday') that I am missing here? Hate being out of the loop.

Umm... all I was doing was joking that this countdown is simply leading up to an even longer countdown. :|

Umm... all I was doing was joking that this countdown is simply leading up to an even longer countdown. :|

I was, like, trying to be all, like, sarcastic and flippant and stuff. No harm done. It's all good /b/ro.

Last edited:
Don't know if I should sell my axe-fx now..

If there is a new one I don't know if I can afford it :(

I hope the current axe-fx doesn't devaluate quickly

I bet they are about to release the additional floorboard which can be connected to the ethernet port on the mfc-101.

My guess ( or my hope):

Axe Guitar, guitar modelling. Two ways of doing that: a-la-Variax or a-la-Roland.

I'll prefer an a-la-Roland solution, take your favorite guitar, put some kind of divided pickup on it and play, much better than making a custom guitar with all the guts in it that maybe you'll not like or feel.

Anyway, with that setup, you could come with a simple guitar and the AxeFx to any place in the world and do every posible guitar-amp-effects combination imaginable.....

Drolling like Paulov's dog......

I bet they are about to release the additional floorboard which can be connected to the ethernet port on the mfc-101.

Don't know if they are releasing that but this quote leads me to think that there is going to be some kind of advancement in technology

HISTORICAL OPENING
Thanks to Fractal Audio's Axe-Fx the door to the final analogue enclave has been pushed wide open and even the most sceptical guitarists and tube amp purists have been convinced by its superior concept and fantastic sound quality. But now, with the continuation of this countdown, we are nearing a new... (to be continued)

G66 - NEW COUNTDOWN 6

What could be cool is a new even more powerfull axe-fx and the release of its new firmware for older axe-fxs , turning the ULTRA into the new Axe-fx Standard.. so to say.

Even if that would mean just using amps and some effects, I would totally go for that.

I don't think it will be the next generation Axe-fx. They are still selling more units than they can stock, so why make a new one now?
BTW i guess is a new piece of hardware, even if I hope it's firmware 11 with Axe-Edit 1.0.

Back
Top Bottom