Metallica: Elton’s Funeral for a Friend

So are you thinking it was Fractal like I was? I don’t follow Metallica enough, but was pretty sure I remember hearing they have been using AxeFX’s. I was thinking that while it was a simple combination of FX it had that extra presence, depth and clarity that only Fractal seems to have. Well beside other very high end and expensive dedicated FX units.

Actually all of the guitar’s amp tones sounded great.
Metallica are using Fractal since 2013. They started with AxeFX II+ if I remember correctly and have been switching to the every new Model since then. They haven't been using Amps Live for several Years now and only use Amps in the Studio.

Wow. I like your version better than the Metallica version.
What impressed me with the Metallica version was how they incorporated not having a keyboard, the obvious need for shortening for TV and event. Most of all, carefully adding in their style without being overbearing. Like the way Hetfield did the main chord riff with just a bit more edge to it and a slightly different cadence. It was all tasteful. I guess one question is if they had any help with the arrangement or was it all their own ideas. Regardless they pulled it off well and I was never a huge Metallica fan. James Hetfield clean and sober (and older) is much better…Plus he drives the wackos crazy.

That sure brings back memories! I was in a band that covered that a hundred years ago. Here’s our version off a cassette. I wish we had the recording technology back then that’s available now.
https://on.soundcloud.com/fHnm7tfBLMa4Eu4H6

Thanks
Pauly

Hi Pauly
Man really enjoyed your recording that sounds great. Loved it. You guys really sounded good so glad you shared that with use I had to listen to it again really enjoyed it.

Cheers
Fred

That sure brings back memories! I was in a band that covered that a hundred years ago. Here’s our version off a cassette. I wish we had the recording technology back then that’s available now.
https://on.soundcloud.com/fHnm7tfBLMa4Eu4H6

Thanks
Pauly
Had you posted this recording before on here? I swear I remember the story and listening to it. Anyway I feel bad for not commenting. You guys did an excellent job and the recording is very good for an older situation. I have some recordings to cassette that were great takes, but either at the time or now are very bad sounding.

Definitely thanks for sharing!!

Thank you!

I possibly did post it here in the last 10 years - I have no idea haha.
That was recorded on a tascam 144, 4 track cassette multitrack (Swish eh!), and I overdubbed the vocals on an 8 track, then all mixed back to cassete.

Had you posted this recording before on here? I swear I remember the story and listening to it. Anyway I feel bad for not commenting. You guys did an excellent job and the recording is very good for an older situation. I have some recordings to cassette that were great takes, but either at the time or now are very bad sounding.

Definitely thanks for sharing!!

Back
Top Bottom