Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all fine with the “reset the amp”
thing for years…now I start getting confused.

I don’t have time to read 10.000 posts, so where are we now? Is it over with the need to reset the amp after a FW update? Is it automatically updating the changed/added parameters and all we need to do is just update and save the preset? If so, i welcome this.
No need to read 10000 posts, just the first one in this thread that mentions it’s automatically updated.

Are there any release notes that are specific to this Beta? Sorry if I am misunderstanding on how to differentiate changes or updates between the Betas.

You can't just compare them, that doesn't make sense. There could be additional modeling changes between Betas but we would not be able to tell based on the release notes.

Pull one up in window A. Pull the other up in window B. Scroll through them together at the same time. Things will become rather obvious for you.

You can't just compare them, that doesn't make sense. There could be additional modeling changes between Betas but we would not be able to tell based on the release notes.
For me, it was easy to spot the extras... (see all Improved and Fixed, for example)
If no additional modeling is mentioned then it probably means there was none or that it is small enough to fall under "Various other fixes and improvements."

These are the new items:

As a consequence of the new modeling many default parameter values have been changed. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new parameter values upon recall. The updated parameters are:

• Preamp Low Cut Freq
  • Preamp Hi Cut Freq
  • Triode1/2 Plate Frequency
  • Preamp Bias
  • Preamp Bias Excursion
  • PI Bias Excursion
  • Power Tube Bias Excursion
  • Transformer LF/HF
  • Transformer Drive
  • Cathode Resistance
  • Cathode Time Constant
  • Negative Feedback

Improved Input block Noise Gate.

Improved Classic Expander and Modern Expander types in Gate block.

Fixed global settings not recalled if MIDI data is present on the MIDI In jack during bootup.

Various other fixes and improvements.

These are the new items:

As a consequence of the new modeling many default parameter values have been changed. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new parameter values upon recall. The updated parameters are:

• Preamp Low Cut Freq
  • Preamp Hi Cut Freq
  • Triode1/2 Plate Frequency
  • Preamp Bias
  • Preamp Bias Excursion
  • PI Bias Excursion
  • Power Tube Bias Excursion
  • Transformer LF/HF
  • Transformer Drive
  • Cathode Resistance
  • Cathode Time Constant
  • Negative Feedback

Improved Input block Noise Gate.

Improved Classic Expander and Modern Expander types in Gate block.

Fixed global settings not recalled if MIDI data is present on the MIDI In jack during bootup.

Various other fixes and improvements.
But those are not the only items in the release notes any of the previous items could have been changed again, which is fine but you cannot tell that by doing a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom