FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be having some problems with saving scenes in set list. If I program a Song to open with a different foot switch active other foot switch 1 it will not save the foot switch assignment
all songs open with foot switch 1 active. This was not the case prior to updating beta 6.0 and the beta Fm9 edit
Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Not exactly sure what you're saying. That's definitely NOT the default settings.
Yes, but that's what they were when I checked after upgrading my editor. No one else except myself could have toggled these settings on my FM9.

For any who have experienced this, it's a rude awakening. As was said, my powered speakers weren't connected, otherwise no amp or cab modeling would have occurred.

I don't think it's a bug, otherwise we'd see more instances of this. It may have been a fluke after switching to gapless (the editor didn't look the same then, either), then updating to v. 1.02.08.

My usual workflow involves updating the editor, then updating to new firmware. That didn't happen this time, first it was firmware, then editor. I think that's where we tend to see more issues.

I seem to be having some problems with saving scenes in set list. If I program a Song to open with a different foot switch active other foot switch 1 it will not save the foot switch assignment
all songs open with foot switch 1 active. This was not the case prior to updating beta 6.0 and the beta Fm9 edit
Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Check Setup > Global Settings > Config

Scroll to the “Default Scene” under the GENERAL section. Verify the value is “AS SAVED”.

Yes, but that's what they were when I checked after upgrading my editor. No one else except myself could have toggled these settings on my FM9.
Those 2 settings in particular have a habit of occasionally getting disabled during firmware updates. This goes back to the Axe Fx II days... It's a pretty rare fluke, but I think that's all it is.

Those 2 settings in particular have a habit of occasionally getting disabled during firmware updates. This goes back to the Axe Fx II days... It's a pretty rare fluke, but I think that's all it is.
(Best Yoda Voice: "Unusual, it is, yes, hmm?")

Finally trying the gapless thing tonight. Switched it on for Scenes/Channels, and set the Spillover to 'All'.

Man, that's smoooooooove....

A fair amount of what I've been using Modifiers for can now be done via Channel switching. Still need to use Modifiers to cross-fade at something other than the standard Channel switch rate (which can be super smoooove....) when switching things in/out via cross-fading them....

first it was firmware, then editor. I think that's where we tend to see more issues.
That's what i did, and since FM9-EDIT is a "remote control" for FM9 that (first FW, second FM9-EDIT) is the right order i think. I had no issues.

That's what i did, and since FM9-EDIT is a "remote control" for FM9 that (first FW, second FM9-EDIT) is the right order i think. I had no issues.
It’s possible.

What I can say is that, in my instance, when the editor was updated first, the various firmware updates worked without issues. The reason for my saying this is because FractalBot needed to be updated before installing the firmware (how else could FractalBot recognize the new firmware?)

If one installs the new firmware before updating the editor (and hence FractalBot), one opens the door to potential issues.

Not saying doing things your way won’t work, nor saying that you’ll experience what happened in my instance, just stating my experience and the results of that.

Yes it reads ”As Saved” for some reason that’s not what it’s doing , the FM9 defaults to the #1 foot switch

Installed FW 6 with no issues and my current go to presets sound fine. I see in this thread where the gapless and spillover options are consuming between 1.5 - 2.0% more CPU which I am I finding in my presets too. I did see where with these options off others were getting an increase in CPU usage from FW 5 to FW 6 but I could find what that was.
My two presets results were:
AC-20 Preset: Before FW 6 = 72.3%, After FW 6 = 76.6%, FW 6 with gapless and spillover on = 78.1%
Marshall Plexi Preset: Before FW 6 = 69.7%, After FW 6 = 74.2%, FW 6 with gapless and spillover on = 75.7%
These increases are pretty consistent across the two presets I just wasn't expecting a total increase of about 6%. I'm still well under a safe CPU limit so all is good. I'm just wondering if everyone else's increases are similar?

Installed FW 6 with no issues and my current go to presets sound fine. I see in this thread where the gapless and spillover options are consuming between 1.5 - 2.0% more CPU which I am I finding in my presets too. I did see where with these options off others were getting an increase in CPU usage from FW 5 to FW 6 but I could find what that was.
My two presets results were:
AC-20 Preset: Before FW 6 = 72.3%, After FW 6 = 76.6%, FW 6 with gapless and spillover on = 78.1%
Marshall Plexi Preset: Before FW 6 = 69.7%, After FW 6 = 74.2%, FW 6 with gapless and spillover on = 75.7%
These increases are pretty consistent across the two presets I just wasn't expecting a total increase of about 6%. I'm still well under a safe CPU limit so all is good. I'm just wondering if everyone else's increases are similar?
Gary,

Typically, any FM9 preset that stays below 80 or 82% CPU is safe, and won't trip the auto-shut-down feature. The alternative is to build several presets with fewer blocks and use the Sets - Songlists feature to switch between presets/scenes you might need from one larger preset.

Good evening everyone, I have a big tone problem on my presets after upgrading to beta 6.

I'm leaving audio files, it'll be more meaningful.

it's the same guitar and the same preset, but you can hear that the sound is totally different.

thanks to you ;-)

Good evening everyone, I have a big tone problem on my presets after upgrading to beta 6.

I'm leaving audio files, it'll be more meaningful.

it's the same guitar and the same preset, but you can hear that the sound is totally different.

thanks to you ;-)

The only real difference I'm hearing is the amount of gain.

Without seeing the preset, or at least knowing the amp model, it's difficult to offer any suggestions. This Firmware did have some Amp block 'improvements/fixes' across all amps as well as specific amps. Sometimes these changes will require adjustments to amps in existing presets, try reducing the gain in beta 6.

I'm assuming the top one is before, and the bottom one after. There's definitely more gain in the 2nd example. What amp, cabs, and other blocks make up the preset used?
yes the top one is before, right i have more (to more) gain after upgrade, I don't understand why, because I haven't changed a thing.

you can seen my rig on screenshoots

y use the two stone J35 in a 65 bassguy and Tweed Capture d’écran 2024-02-01 à 19.59.51.pngCapture d’écran 2024-02-01 à 20.00.01.png20112

The only real difference I'm hearing is the amount of gain.

Without seeing the preset, or at least knowing the amp model, it's difficult to offer any suggestions. This Firmware did have some Amp block 'improvements/fixes' across all amps as well as specific amps. Sometimes these changes will require adjustments to amps in existing presets, try reducing the gain in beta 6.
Thank you for your help, indeed, if I lower the gain I get a cleaner sound, but I lose feedback, especially as it's surprising because I have to turn off the boost input a lot compared to the previous version.

It's a real pain if, with each update, we have to redo all the amp tones.

Thank you for your help, indeed, if I lower the gain I get a cleaner sound, but I lose feedback, especially as it's surprising because I have to turn off the boost input a lot compared to the previous version.

It's a real pain if, with each update, we have to redo all the amp tones.
The release notes explicitly state many changes to the Amp modeling (including greater changes to the listed Amp Models). Including to the tube modeling (I’m guessing that is a part of the culprit). Some changes are within your control and some aren’t. When you take a new firmware you may be getting modeling updates that will apply across the board. Not just if you change your preset. Some of the changes are applied when a preset is loaded.

If you enable “Prompt on Edited Preset Change” I believe the Editied light will illuminate when you load a preset that has modeling changes automatically applied. This would give you the opportunity to visualize a change has occurred and try to adjust.

Two values that have changed that aren’t automatically applied are Speaker Drive and Speaker Thump in the Amp Block Speaker Tab. The new default values are 1.0 and 1.25 respectively. You could try adjusting these and see if they help compensate for the other modeling changes. Beyond that you’ll just need to adjust your presets accordingly or stay on 5.01.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom