Finally got a good Mu-Tron tone

Leon Todd videos that helped

1:

2:

These are my settings (see attached)

Worthy of mentioning is that I think the mutron effect is nicer after a comp block if you have that in your chain. I also like the sound of adding slapback delay and the 80’s chorus block preset. Seems to juice things up and make it pop more. It sounds good without the delay and slapback too, they’re just sweeteners.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 197
Not bad! Dialed in your settings and did the Jerry thing. It's better than what I've been using which is mostly just an auto wah. When I set mine up I didn't mess with the controller menu and the envelope filter. I only adjusted the modifier on the wah controller. It didn't even occur to me to actually look at the envelope filter. Dohhh! Anyhow, nice job. I'm still hoping they give us an actual Mutron model but this one definitely sounds close on Estimated Prophet. Thanks for posting.

Not bad! Dialed in your settings and did the Jerry thing. It's better than what I've been using which is mostly just an auto wah. When I set mine up I didn't mess with the controller menu and the envelope filter. I only adjusted the modifier on the wah controller. It didn't even occur to me to actually look at the envelope filter. Dohhh! Anyhow, nice job. I'm still hoping they give us an actual Mutron model but this one definitely sounds close on Estimated Prophet. Thanks for posting.
The envelope Follower scale and offset parameters helped tamed the high end spike for me. The compressor before the Mu-Tron seems to beef it up too. The game changer for me was the envelope attack/release parameters. I’m pretty happy with it now.

I agree though man, it would be great if I was just modeled and and just had a few parameters like the real pedal.

Man this thing is fun. So touch responsive. I'm running a mixer after the wah block and have a shunt around the wah so I can try different mixes. It's useful. I tried some slap back too and yes it's good. What comp are you using? I don't often run a comp cause my little guy is limited on firepower. But I'll be setting up a preset just for this new toy lol.

1700975272983.png

Man this thing is fun. So touch responsive. I'm running a mixer after the wah block and have a shunt around the wah so I can try different mixes. It's useful. I tried some slap back too and yes it's good. What comp are you using? I don't often run a comp cause my little guy is limited on firepower. But I'll be setting up a preset just for this new toy lol.

View attachment 130360
Yeah FM3 runs outta cpu quick when you add a drive block. I’m using the FF studio comp, ratio at 4, mix 75%

Thanks...I had built my own MuTron but was having problems with the treble strings not triggering properly. Your settings pointed me to the mistake.

FET Drive with drive at 6 tone 5 volume 5... It's subtle, sounds the same pretty much without it, I was just experimenting, the FF Comp is where it's at though.
Thanks. The boost or the pre-amp? (Working with my FM9) Will add in and see how things sound Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom