Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

Correct. I wasn't able to socket my first replacement set of ICs (the SOIC adapters wouldn't fit), so i ended up soldering them in. Worked so well i have zero interest on swapping them out anytime soon.
Sorry, missed this…you got it covered. :)

I think the warranty is void now. Well, a long time before now.

And at this point it should be a totally moot point at Fender as it’s apparent you’re aiming to declare their entire production run as a bad trial run. :)
The revision A power supply board in mine has a date of 11-4-22. This has been a pretty long trial run. 😂 they have been fighting this circuit for a year already.

Maybe I can help them with a few design tweaks for preamp Revision D.

In just 16 days I have already fixed a lot:

adjusted the gain of the 2nd stage to match a balanced +4dB hot input signal.

Entirely rebuilt the 4 band EQ, while leaving the stock eq intact for a/b

Tuned the crossover to eliminate the frequency notch

Now I'm looking at the power supply to see if I can adjust the regulation to +/- 18v (not 18.6v) ... and I'm fine tuning the pot tapers on my bass and treble pots.

Then I'm done.

The revision A power supply board in mine has a date of 11-4-22. This has been a pretty long trial run. 😂 they have been fighting this circuit for a year already.

Maybe I can help them with a few design tweaks for preamp Revision D.

In just 16 days I have already fixed a lot:

adjusted the gain of the 2nd stage to match a balanced +4dB hot input signal.

Entirely rebuilt the 4 band EQ, while leaving the stock eq intact for a/b

Tuned the crossover to eliminate the frequency notch

Now I'm looking at the power supply to see if I can adjust the regulation to +/- 18v (not 18.6v) ... and I'm fine tuning the pot tapers on my bass and treble pots.

Then I'm done.
Just curious are you going to contact Fender and consult with the fixes you have made?

Back
Top Bottom