FM3 Firmware Version 6.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rglr

The bug I posted here in beta3 is not fixed in 6.01release.

I attach two audio files showing the levels when changing from preset 1 to preset 2 (one is in fw6.00 with no problem and the other is with fw6.01release with the bug).

Also attached the two presets used in the example.

Attachments

• Audio Files.zip
    259.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Presets Exported from fw6,00.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 4
Exactly. There's no way to optimize for everyone's amplification method, be that headphones, monitors, FRFR, etc. EQ is huge as is the use of filters/cuts.

BTW-the poster in question just joined last month and that's his only post.
Besides the fact that one of the top things I'm most impressed with is the accurate bottom end, the irony of it all is Fractal is the modeler that gets criticized for having too many parameters for deep diving so you can dial in the tone for every situation.

I also took note of your last sentence. Seems like an odd choice of first post. Oh well, I'm going to install everything now and find out how awful it is.😏

Ok I just installed the Firmware and new FM3 Edit. First, it's sounding great as usual. On the FM3 itself the Presets and Scenes are switching fast. There might and I mean might be a slight slower communication between FM3 Edit and the Unit. But man, it's so miniscule that it's hard to be certain. As far as CPU issues, I see the FSM Scene 6 is hovering around 80%, but seems stable. I haven't come across any other CPU overloads yet. I have no User Presets that are maxed so I will likely not see CPU issues with those.

I will have to check more out tomorrow, but so far everything is stable.

Edit:
I think I have to take back the part about FM3 Edit being slower. I was just switching from one preset and scenes to another and I don't believe FM3 Edit communication is any slower.

Last edited:
My band days consisted of a Fender 185 Pro with a few effect pedals. I would have killed for an FM 3 sound back then.
20 years ago I started writing songs and recording guitar and bass with the first Line 6 Pod and a simple usb recording device and never finished these ideas as the results always sounded as typical "home recording stuff and sound quality" so why ever finish these tracks?

I then rather started playing in bands and on jams and that was fun and important for getting experienced.

Today:

Recording with Logic Pro X, EZ Drummer 3, RME Babyface Pro FS and Fractal Audio FM 3 and even my first demos of new songs sound so professional and broadcast ready that it puts a smile on my face cause I cannot believe that I created it on my own :)

But FM 3 was the best purchase for electric guitar and bass at all since I started electric guitar in 1995.

Thanks for still improving it, FAS :)

20 years ago I started writing songs and recording guitar and bass with the first Line 6 Pod and a simple usb recording device and never finished these ideas as the results always sounded as typical "home recording stuff and sound quality" so why ever finish these tracks?
A while back I had more than a few vids pop up in my YT feed revisiting older modelers such as the "kidney bean" and trying to pretend they could sound great. It was laughable. I'm not sure what audio magic the youtubers in question used, but those weren't the sounds I remembered. I always thought they sounded "plastic" for lack of a better term.

You're right, the early modelers were very uninspiring. This is a whole new ball game though.

A while back I had more than a few vids pop up in my YT feed revisiting older modelers such as the "kidney bean" and trying to pretend they could sound great. It was laughable. I'm not sure what audio magic the youtubers in question used, but those weren't the sounds I remembered. I always thought they sounded "plastic" for lack of a better term.

You're right, the early modelers were very uninspiring. This is a whole new ball game though.
The number of sounds was great but yes it was like plastic and a simple twodimensional fingerprint of a good sound. What inspires me the most with FAS is not only the sound but the dynamics, feeling and reaction to my playing. Stellar realism!

But FM 3 was the best purchase for electric guitar and bass at all since I started electric guitar in 1995.
What inspires me the most with FAS is not only the sound but the dynamics, feeling and reaction to my playing. Stellar realism!
This is it in a nutshell. I probably sound like a broken record or a super fanboy (which I’m not) but of all the gear that has inspired me since ~1981 (and I have or had some nice stuff) the FM3 has really made a significant difference. 20 years ago I would never believed so much could be put into such a small package.

As I was reading through the other thread speculating about new FAS products and/or how to make the FM3 better or more what some would consider “more perfect” for them I was saying to myself that I’m grateful the FM3 was just like it was based on its price point. I had dismissed all modelers until almost 2 years ago based on negative experiences. For different reasons (much due to physical limitations) I started to seriously consider them again and the Quad Cortex was just being announced and I was thinking that it would be the device to get. However, its price was really beyond what I could justify to myself and just as important, my wife.

So when I came upon the FM3 that was selling at the time for $999 US it being below 4 digits was easier to rationalize. I’m so glad that it was that price because I may have gone looking for something else that would have been another disappointment. Even when I drug my feet too long and the price jumped to $1099 the day I had finally made the decision to pull the trigger it was still in that range for this aging guitar player who had and has sworn to stop blowing money on gear. Most of all it afforded me to get onboard FAS that up until that point I thought was way out of my prices range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom