Ceba screen protector?

I like them. They fit nicely, and are sturdy enough to protect the screens from a moderately heavy impact. The only thing I don't care for is that they show smudges / finger prints. I would buy them again.

they are great. But like above xaid, they add reflections and somewhat magnifiy the dirt and dust on the unit. If you forget to use a microfiber to clean it, itll scratch and swirl immediately. Someone dumped a shot of jack on my fm3 with the guards on, and it honestly might have made it worse as it trapped the liquid underneath it. Id prefer more just a piece for the main display and let the mini ones be their own.

Have a gander. My CEBA order didn't gravitate to the skins, just the plexiglass shields. Easy to install, some suggest putting small plastic adhesive dots underneath the magnetic holders. Tried that, but it didn't contribute to the overall look.

dOUwDSj.jpg

Have a gander. My CEBA order didn't gravitate to the skins, just the plexiglass shields. Easy to install, some suggest putting small plastic adhesive dots underneath the magnetic holders. Tried that, but it didn't contribute to the overall look.

dOUwDSj.jpg
What would the purpose of the adhesive dots be?

I’m a fan. I’ve had 2 FM3s and now an FM9 and have had the Ceba guards on all 3 units. There’s a certain sense of peace of mind that comes with knowing that those screens are protected the way that they are. Being magnetically attached, they’re super easy to remove and clean with soap and water.

Just put myself on the wait list for my FM9 and have seen other folks using these (and other CEBA products). Considering these myself, but I'm curious if they increase the heat of the unit while in use - anyone have observations?

GuitarEC

What would the purpose of the adhesive dots be?
The magnets used to hold the panels to the chassis were pressed far enough through the panels that they’d actually touch the chassis. Vibration would eventually cause a little abrasion to the paint leaving a mark.

People were putting a bit of tape or adhesive dots underneath the magnet to fix it.

A simpler fix is to push the magnetic back into the panel so it is recessed a tiny amount and doesn’t touch the chassis. It holds just as well but can’t leave a mark.

Some had said it would help prevent metal rash between the magnetic dots and the FM9. My doesn't get bumped around that much so it's really not an issue.
Thanks! I am waiting for my screen guard to arrive via UPS. How large are the magnets (i.e. how large should the dots be)?

The magnets used to hold the panels to the chassis were pressed far enough through the panels that they’d actually touch the chassis. Vibration would eventually cause a little abrasion to the paint leaving a mark.

People were putting a bit of tape or adhesive dots underneath the magnet to fix it.

A simpler fix is to push the magnetic back into the panel so it is recessed a tiny amount and doesn’t touch the chassis. It holds just as well but can’t leave a mark.
Is it easy to push back the magnet?

This concern with the magnets never occurred to me. I think I might try some small strips of electrical tape as a buffer.

Thanks! I am waiting for my screen guard to arrive via UPS. How large are the magnets (i.e. how large should the dots be)?
The magnets are very small; perhaps a ¼" diameter.
This concern with the magnets never occurred to me. I think I might try some small strips of electrical tape as a buffer.
A better choice would be clear adhesive dots, trimmed to smaller size. The upper shield (lower left) magnet is the one that poses the problem with the trimming (it's too close to the A knob to allow the dot to remain the full size).

Unless, of course, you can share the upper/lower shield magnets with 2 separate adhesive dots, left and right.

The way to do that is to first do a dry run and position the shields on the FM9. Then remove the shields and the adhesive backing from the dots and position the dots on the FM9 itself, then, without removing the upper adhesive backing, position the shields over the adhesive dots.

The downside is that the dots would not be centered with the magnets. The cosmetic look may be a personal choice if one chooses to trim the dots instead. Here, you run the risk of not being to cut the dots to the correct size.

You'd have 6 adhesive dots total.

The magnets are very small; perhaps a ¼" diameter.

A better choice would be clear adhesive dots, trimmed to smaller size. The upper shield (lower left) magnet is the one that poses the problem with the trimming (it's too close to the A knob to allow the dot to remain the full size).

Unless, of course, you can share the upper/lower shield magnets with 2 separate adhesive dots, left and right.

The way to do that is to first do a dry run and position the shields on the FM9. Then remove the shields and the adhesive backing from the dots and position the dots on the FM9 itself, then, without removing the upper adhesive backing, position the shields over the adhesive dots.

The downside is that the dots would not be centered with the magnets. The cosmetic look may be a personal choice if one chooses to trim the dots instead. Here, you run the risk of not being to cut the dots to the correct size.

You'd have 6 adhesive dots total.
Possibly. My hesitation with anything small is that it won't stay where it's put. Thanks for the ideas.

Just put myself on the wait list for my FM9 and have seen other folks using these (and other CEBA products). Considering these myself, but I'm curious if they increase the heat of the unit while in use - anyone have observations?

GuitarEC
That is actually a good question. I guess, however, that somebody would have reported something like that by now.

GuitarEC
Not that I have noticed. The ventilation is on the under side and is unobstructed by the screen protectors.

GuitarEC
There’s no increase in heat.

Back
Top Bottom