Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Yes it is. And very simple to use as Mini LCD always show me what scene I am in (Limited to 7, but enough for me)

EDIT: and total weight is 6.3kg, with the Mono Club case
Curious what the inside of that volume pedal looks like. Impressive!

Curious what the inside of that volume pedal looks like. Impressive!
Here you go
It is before I added the power supply board to convert 12V to 9v
It is a bit messy (many non use wires) because it take it out from another controller I made with more switches and kept the wires in case I will need it later on

Attachments

• 895D8221-01F6-4325-957B-4FD96E84AE33.jpeg
    895D8221-01F6-4325-957B-4FD96E84AE33.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 141
This weekend on a club gig. I'm using the two-button switch next to the expression pedal to directly access a couple of presets since this band has no setlists and no breaks between songs. In the OMG9 setup I'm using the effects button #3 on the FM3 to go directly to my '59 bassman sound and the "RodeO" version of it that I use the most and then the two-button switch gets me to my plexi and silver jubilee patches. It's kind of ridiculous, but it's the only way to manage this one particular gig. 200+ songs in pretty much all styles and I never know whats coming up next.

IMG_46B2D745E59E-1.jpeg

Board (DIY) updated today,

my goal was to keep it as small as possible.

The modified Dunlop mini is serving as a midi controller (2 Midi switches, the 2 on the black board at the right, for Preset + and Preset -), expression pedal via midi external 1, Midi In via original TRS, Midi OUT/THRU via original OUT TRS, and AUX is a TRS for the 2 external switches.
Midi brain is a Midi CPU I still had in stock, but could be done with an Arduino as Midi CPU is not available anymore.

The 4 switches on left on the board are standing switches with layout link, so when pressed the FM3 mini LCD change to the corresponding layout of the scenes, so I see where I am in.

M Vave has 4 switches with tap and hold functions, currently used for looper control, direct tap tempo and tuner access but can do anything else as desired (FM3 has midi learn, so no need to change CC number in the midi CPU).
M VAVE Is Battery powered and is also sending CC of my choice by bluetooth to Logic (start recording, play stop..)

I used the space in the dunlop to add a 12V to 9V converter so I power everything from the FAS link (up to 500mA)
The Dunlop has 12V plug In, and 9V out to power the SONY wireless.

Zenrigs for protection, and it has exactly the space for the M Vave (just attached with soft magnets, but few ones to keep it strongly sticked)
I can still operate the A-E Knobs on the FM3 if I need to.

More than I need but was fun project and love it.

View attachment 107847
I also have the M-Vave Switcher.
What Soft Magnets do you use ?

I also have the M-Vave Switcher.
What Soft Magnets do you use ?
Hello Allan
I use this in the picture from Amazon
But you need to stick many behind the MVave so it will be strongly attached
Magnet are soft not to have too strong magnetic field so you need several
I prefer that than 2 strong magnets as it distribute a small magnetic field on the FM3 enclosure and should not interfere
And I use it for many months and never had an issue
But as always at your own risks

Attachments

• DBE419FD-1AF9-4401-B894-D9FB7100D36C.jpeg
    DBE419FD-1AF9-4401-B894-D9FB7100D36C.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 17
Hello Allan
I use this in the picture from Amazon
But you need to stick many behind the MVave so it will be strongly attached
Magnet are soft not to have too strong magnetic field so you need several
I prefer that than 2 strong magnets as it distribute a small magnetic field on the FM3 enclosure and should not interfere
And I use it for many months and never had an issue
But as always at your own risks
Thanxs

Set atualizado, no espaço vazio vai meu boss FV-500, por enquanto tudo programado e prático para uso ao vivo!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-08 at 16.45.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-08 at 16.45.50.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 163
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-08 at 16.45.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-08 at 16.45.33.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 163
Board (DIY) updated today,

my goal was to keep it as small as possible.

The modified Dunlop mini is serving as a midi controller (2 Midi switches, the 2 on the black board at the right, for Preset + and Preset -), expression pedal via midi external 1, Midi In via original TRS, Midi OUT/THRU via original OUT TRS, and AUX is a TRS for the 2 external switches.
Midi brain is a Midi CPU I still had in stock, but could be done with an Arduino as Midi CPU is not available anymore.

The 4 switches on left on the board are standing switches with layout link, so when pressed the FM3 mini LCD change to the corresponding layout of the scenes, so I see where I am in.

M Vave has 4 switches with tap and hold functions, currently used for looper control, direct tap tempo and tuner access but can do anything else as desired (FM3 has midi learn, so no need to change CC number in the midi CPU).
M VAVE Is Battery powered and is also sending CC of my choice by bluetooth to Logic (start recording, play stop..)

I used the space in the dunlop to add a 12V to 9V converter so I power everything from the FAS link (up to 500mA)
The Dunlop has 12V plug In, and 9V out to power the SONY wireless.

Zenrigs for protection, and it has exactly the space for the M Vave (just attached with soft magnets, but few ones to keep it strongly sticked)
I can still operate the A-E Knobs on the FM3 if I need to.

More than I need but was fun project and love it.

View attachment 107847
That M-Vave superposed on the FM3 is an option I'd never imagine. BTW also prevents from accidentally touching the parameter buttons of the 3. I saw its chinese and cheap, if it stands the tooth of time, why not ? Was not convinced with another 4 button chinese pedal. Are these soft touch buttons or mechanic ones ? Very compact!

That M-Vave superposed on the FM3 is an option I'd never imagine. BTW also prevents from accidentally touching the parameter buttons of the 3. I saw its chinese and cheap, if it stands the tooth of time, why not ? Was not convinced with another 4 button chinese pedal. Are these soft touch buttons or mechanic ones ? Very compact!
This M Vave is a grab and no brainer. Less than 30 euros. I'll get one for testing. If it can receive bluetooth control to midi it's a great solution for my cover band to change patches and tempo on the fly via a phone app.

The M Vave works great and easy to program via the phone app
However the switches are cheap and not very soft
The one on the FM3 are perfect as the reference and on the MVave a bit harder to push but not to an annoying level
It is just that there is friction between the cylinder or the switch and the receptacle
I opened it and they are not mechanic and solded to the PCB so hard to modify
However in this package there is not much choice

This M Vave is a grab and no brainer. Less than 30 euros. I'll get one for testing. If it can receive bluetooth control to midi it's a great solution for my cover band to change patches and tempo on the fly via a phone app.
As far as I remember I passed midi from Bluetooth to midi jack
I remember I changed presets on FM3 using STage Traxx 3 from my Mac
Not 100% sure as not with my gear at the moment

Last edited:
Coming from Kemper and Helix, I wanted a compact system but with the best "guitar experience" (if this is possible).
Heard the FM3 with the Redsound Elis 8 and was completely sold.
Was able to get one used for a nice price! TOTALLY HAPPY WITH IT!
Next gig is coming so can't wait how it is performing!!

Attachments

• FM3.jpg
    FM3.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 141
Back
Top Bottom