Waitlist Email

8/28 @ 08:29am nothing yet..........
I wouldn’t expect there to be.

You are approximately 4 hours after where they stopped processing the list. They were processing about 15 minutes of the RSVP list per day. They are currently sending invitations to people ahead of your time slot who didn’t take advantage of their original invitations, which we have no way of estimating... then do the math… and allow for weekends, holidays and a day of administration per week, plus occasional other things that happen such as shipping orders for the other models or waiting for additional parts that are expected in a few days.

Fractal is a small company. I suspect that there are days that they’re all involved with incoming, stocking, assembly, testing, packaging and shipping, plus their normal duties, in an attempt to get the units out the door and into owner’s hands.

Right now it’s so much better to settle in figuring it’ll be a while and check the email every day and be delighted when the invitation arrives. Set up a rule for an incoming email from sales@fractalaudio.com that triggers a message so that you know when it arrives. Maybe even filter it to a specific folder. It’s what I did.

I wouldn’t expect there to be.

You are approximately 4 hours after where they stopped processing the list. They were processing about 15 minutes of the RSVP list per day. They are currently sending invitations to people ahead of your time slot who didn’t take advantage of their original invitations, which we have no way of estimating... then do the math… and allow for weekends, holidays and a day of administration per week, plus occasional other things that happen such as shipping orders for the other models or waiting for additional parts that are expected in a few days.

Fractal is a small company. I suspect that there are days that they’re all involved with incoming, stocking, assembly, testing, packaging and shipping, plus their normal duties, in an attempt to get the units out the door and into owner’s hands.

Right now it’s so much better to settle in figuring it’ll be a while and check the email every day and be delighted when the invitation arrives. Set up a rule for an incoming email from sales@fractalaudio.com that triggers a message so that you know when it arrives. Maybe even filter it to a specific folder. It’s what I did.
Based on this math it’ll take them 3 months to get through a day on the waitlist. Assuming infinite supply and my 8/31 waitlist, I’d be getting an invite no sooner than this time next year.

The FM9 has become the PS5 of the guitar industry.

Based on this math it’ll take them 3 months to get through a day on the waitlist. Assuming infinite supply and my 8/31 waitlist, I’d be getting an invite no sooner than this time next year.

It can be frustrating for sure to not have an idea when the invite will come and the party line response of look at the FM3 or the AF3 seems a little tone deaf - given neither one is a direct replacement for the FM9. You are in way better shape than me in terms of the wait list, I am 10-28-21. Even so, there are so many unknown variables that only Fractal employees would know...how long the wait to send out more invites after the current batch, how many physical units there are, and most importantly how many people are actually on the wait list... Waiting is definitely the hardest part. :tearsofjoy:

There are other variables in the equation; As @Admin M@ said, they might see an easing of the restrictions and suddenly be able to get the needed parts in abundance, at which point several conditions that slow the invitations will disappear. We just don't know.

That's an unfair comparison. From what I remember Sony shot itself in the foot multiple times whereas Fractal was caught by a series of disasters well out of their control.

I'm sure there were a few small lessons learned by Fractal about ways to do things better, because they're smart and learn from the problems they encounter, but, in general, they seem to plan way ahead and make very good decisions. I have yet to see an entry in a release note saying "Nevermind, that idea sucked." with the accompanying removal of a feature.

There are other variables in the equation; As @Admin M@ said, they might see an easing of the restrictions and suddenly be able to get the needed parts in abundance, at which point several conditions that slow the invitations will disappear. We just don't know.

That's an unfair comparison. From what I remember Sony shot itself in the foot multiple times whereas Fractal was caught by a series of disasters well out of their control.

I'm sure there were a few small lessons learned by Fractal about ways to do things better, because they're smart and learn from the problems they encounter, but, in general, they seem to plan way ahead and make very good decisions. I have yet to see an entry in a release note saying "Nevermind, that idea sucked." with the accompanying removal of a feature.
I think Sony also suffered with supply issues, aside from the reported 50USD LOSS of each unit sold in hopes to make the money up down the line and keep the PS5 affordable. I’m not blaming either FAS or SONY, I just want the damn thing and I’m sure FAS would love to sell me one if they had one.

It can be frustrating for sure to not have an idea when the invite will come and the party line response of look at the FM3 or the AF3 seems a little tone deaf - given neither one is a direct replacement for the FM9. You are in way better shape than me in terms of the wait list, I am 10-28-21. Even so, there are so many unknown variables that only Fractal employees would know...how long the wait to send out more invites after the current batch, how many physical units there are, and most importantly how many people are actually on the wait list... Waiting is definitely the hardest part. :tearsofjoy:
I take it as a positive because Fractal saying "hey, we are getting to a lot of orders so hang tight" might create less interest in the III and the FM3. They need to move product to stay in business, that's a given. There is a lack of activity on this board for sure but I take that as if as they are getting a lot of non-responsive invite hits and/or perhaps a lot of the people getting invites do not currently have their finances together to buy atm. $1900 or so total after tax/shipping is no small purchase in the guitar processor arena. Though I tend to believe a majority of people on this forum have some nest egg they attack when need rises (sorry about college kids). Fractal has to weigh that some of these invites may respond 3-4 weeks later. However it happens to be a perfect time for me in case anyone wants to jump ahead to 9/8/21...cough cough, ahem ahem :D

Last edited:
I don’t understand how some of the purchase invitations have expired, provided it wasn’t already used, when it says on the invitation “Your invitation link does not technically expire….”
You chopped off an extremely important part of that original statement from last year's invitations:

"...supplies are limited so please don't delay."

In fact, the old purchase links still point to the FM9 standard (which was out of stock, but is now blocked to avoid confusion, so it will actually 404). Old invitations will need to be re-issued for the FM9 Turbo. We will do this for anyone who asks, but there is a very important caveat: if you asked BEFORE the announcement of the FM9 Turbo, you're on a short list to receive a "refreshed" invitation at the front of the line. Anyone who asks now or in the future, however, will need to go to the end of the line, and we will send you another invitation before they go in the store for the general public. If you have any questions or problems, please email sales@fractalaudio.com

We know that waiting is difficult, and we would like very much to have enough product to fill our own store, and satisfy the global dealers as well. Please hang in there and we will get to everyone.

You chopped off an extremely important part of that original statement from last year's invitations:

In fact, the old purchase links still point to the FM9 standard (which was out of stock, but is now blocked to avoid confusion, so it will actually 404). Old invitations will need to be re-issued for the FM9 Turbo. We will do this for anyone who asks, but there is a very important caveat: if you asked BEFORE the announcement of the FM9 Turbo, you're on a short list to receive a "refreshed" invitation at the front of the line. Anyone who asks now or in the future, however, will need to go to the end of the line, and we will send you another invitation before they go in the store for the general public. If you have any questions or problems, please email sales@fractalaudio.com

We know that waiting is difficult, and we would like very much to have enough product to fill our own store, and satisfy the global dealers as well. Please hang in there and we will get to everyone.

To be clear, this applies to old purchase links only and if we were on the waitlist before without ever having received a purchase link, we just remain on the waitlist, in order?

To be clear, this applies to old purchase links only and if we were on the waitlist before without ever having received a purchase link, we just remain on the waitlist, in order?
I believe if we were waitlisted and never offered a purchase, we are still in line for the turbo just the same. I believe the turbo replaces the original, not adds to the product line.

Of course I reserve the right to be 100% wrong and I’d just like to remind the forum of my now daily I have still not received an invite post.

I emailed yesterday and was told that you were reissuing invites to anyone who had an unused invitation. I was specifically told:
We are sending new invitations to those who already received one and found the FM9 out of stock. This will happen over the next few weeks.
Is this incorrect information? So I’m understanding you correctly, are you saying that anyone with a broken unused invite that inquired after the announcement of the turbo has to go to the end of waitlist?

Back
Top Bottom