Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.02 Release

I can't wait for these features to get rolled down to the FM3, which is my rehearsal, small blow and go gig, or backup to my AF3. Just great.

It seems to sound different than the beta to me but before trying it, I was playing with my in ears mix and then went to my CLR'S so maybe that's why. It seemed like it had more high mids. Probably something to do with my ears and not the Axe. Thanks for all the great features.

Existing presets are automatically updated to use the updated curves if “Update Pre-20.02 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load” is set to YES.

So load the new firmware first then you can toggle this on and off to switch between the new and old curves? Or is it a 1 time conversion and you can’t switch back to old curves?

So load the new firmware first then you can toggle this on and off to switch between the new and old curves? Or is it a 1 time conversion and you can’t switch back to old curves?

AFAIK it's kinda the latter. If OFF the curves previously saved in the preset are kept as is. If ON the default new curve will be loaded into each amp upon load.

The old set of selectable curves are replaced with new versions from 20.02 on. So you can't go back to those.

ON position is a one time default curve change with existing presets. After that if you save them with your chosen SIC and save it (fw 20p02 or future updated fw), you are good to go. I've imported newly saved presets on fw 20p02 with non default SIC's and exported them and imported them and the non default SIC I loaded was still there.

ON position is a one time default curve change with existing presets. After that if you save them with your chosen SIC and save it (fw 20p02 or future updated fw), you are good to go. I've imported newly saved presets on fw 20p02 with non default SIC's and exported them and imported them and the non default SIC I loaded was still there.
At one point, if you had that Update setting set to Yes, when you loaded a preset that caused that update to happen, the preset looked modified, ie Save button was enabled. That's not happening for me any more.

Is it for anyone else? Any other variables in play?

At one point, if you had that Update setting set to Yes, when you loaded a preset that caused that update to happen, the preset looked modified, ie Save button was enabled. That's not happening for me any more.

Is it for anyone else? Any other variables in play?
Are you talking strickly about non fw 20p02 presets with non default SIC's

Sorry, I have scene ignore on the pitch block. I have 8 scenes set up to switch between 4 amp channels in amp block one and 4 amp channels in amp block 2. In scenes 1-4 I am switching between amp block 1 channels, in scenes 5-8 I am switching between amp block 2 channels.
If I enable the pitch block on scene 1 it remains on for scenes 1-4. If I switch to scenes 5-8, the pitch block turns off. If I enable the pitch block on any scene from 5-8, then it will stay enabled across all 8 scenes. I then have to bypass the pitch block on any scene from 1-4, and then any scene from 5-8 in order for the pitch block to be bypassed across all scenes. I hope this is more clear.
Are you using Scene Manager in Axe-Edit? I found a bug earlier while trying to reproduce your issue. I couldn't reproduce what you reported, but I found when using Scene Manager that blocks would later sometimes change their states from Bypassed to Engaged.

Gotcha so if I turn it to ON, any time I load a factory preset for example it will load the new SIC but will not save it unless I hit save on that preset after before going to another preset?

Are you using Scene Manager in Axe-Edit? I found a bug earlier while trying to reproduce your issue. I couldn't reproduce what you reported, but I found when using Scene Manager that blocks would later sometimes change their states from Bypassed to Engaged.
No. I will try it again first thing tomorrow. Maybe get a little video clip. Just got home from a gig and everything is packed away.

Back
Top Bottom