I'm in facebook jail

Megadebt

Experienced
I use Facebook to keep in touch and share with family that live out of state, so it has a use. I was viewing a story about an animal rescue, in which a pregnant dog was beat with a bat by some guy. The dog lost all of her puppies, and had her back leg and hip broken. There was a long, hard recovery process for the dog (she pulled though fine).

I posted that if I saw a guy beating a dog with a bat, that I would take that bat and beat the shit out of him with it. They facebook jailed me for saying that. Inciting violence they said. F you Facebook! I stand by what I said, I meant it!

All in all, regardless of how things like that make you feel, it’s best not to publicly state it. While it’s just a FB ban right now, it’d be really shitty in the future if you found yourself in some messed up circumstance where previous things you wrote on social media were being used against you to in whatever way possible.

(But I would gladly take over with the bat if you needed to take a breather)

I was joking on Facebook with a former bandmate about guitar strings. He plays heavy gauge strings on an acoustic, and I play 9s on my electrics. I made some comment like "my 9s will cut you, bro". Within minutes, BAM! 30 day jail sentence. It's OK though, I got a couple of cool tattoos while I was in there. (Also learned how to make liquor out of Capri Sun and mop water.)

The Rev's right, though. Best not to post "violent" intentions online, regardless of how justified they are.

I was joking on Facebook with a former bandmate about guitar strings. He plays heavy gauge strings on an acoustic, and I play 9s on my electrics. I made some comment like "my 9s will cut you, bro". Within minutes, BAM! 30 day jail sentence. It's OK though, I got a couple of cool tattoos while I was in there. (Also learned how to make liquor out of Capri Sun and mop water.)

The Rev's right, though. Best not to post "violent" intentions online, regardless of how justified they are.
If you didn't make a shank, you didn't do hard time...lol.

I use Facebook to keep in touch and share with family that live out of state, so it has a use. I was viewing a story about an animal rescue, in which a pregnant dog was beat with a bat by some guy. The dog lost all of her puppies, and had her back leg and hip broken. There was a long, hard recovery process for the dog (she pulled though fine).

I posted that if I saw a guy beating a dog with a bat, that I would take that bat and beat the shit out of him with it. They facebook jailed me for saying that. Inciting violence they said. F you Facebook! I stand by what I said, I meant it!
The same thing has happened to me many times. I'm now on permanent Facebook Double Secret Probation. If I say anything again I will be permanently banned from Facebook. The sad thing is that it's all computer generated and there's no actually people to complain to yet they allow animal mutilation and shooting videos on there. MeWe is a lot better but nobody uses it.

I've found that life is better without Facebook.
Yes, it's sad that it's the only way I can keep in contact with my family and friends that are far away and busy so with Facebook they can reply when they want. I wish they'd go to MeWe but I only know one person on there.

Every Facebook user I know says the same thing. 😂
Immediately thought of this
6j9xl8.jpg

I got real tired of facebook, even with family / friends - I'm mostly off it now except for guitar stuff, and the group pages which I like for information but I never post on them. Most people's FB pages (like my own I guess, when I was into it) are quite idealized imo, and not really representing real life. Plus I hated the minutia that people post: a picture of their dinner plate, their startbuck coffee, their new shoes ... 🤮 A good friend of mine (who is still a good friend in real life) de-friended me on FB because I told him I was sick of him sending me those bulls#t "happy friday everyone!" messages.

Just about the only real use I've ever had for FB was getting people to show up to gigs. I've only logged in maybe half a dozen times since March of '20, when my bands pretty much evaporated.

I've found that life is better without Facebook.

Yeah, they even have these devices called "phones" where you can call and text your family and friends. Brilliant!!

(Truth is, life is better without knowing all the whacked out beliefs many of our family and friends kept hidden
from us all those years. Yes, repression is good people! Hold it in!!! :) )

I got real tired of facebook, even with family / friends - I'm mostly off it now except for guitar stuff, and the group pages which I like for information but I never post on them. Most people's FB pages (like my own I guess, when I was into it) are quite idealized imo, and not really representing real life. Plus I hated the minutia that people post: a picture of their dinner plate, their startbuck coffee, their new shoes ... 🤮 A good friend of mine (who is still a good friend in real life) de-friended me on FB because I told him I was sick of him sending me those bulls#t "happy friday everyone!" messages.

That would be ironic if it happened on a Friday. :)

That would be ironic if it happened on a Friday. :)
lol!

"happy Friday everyone!!", "tgif!!!!", "got my burgers on the grilll!!!!!", see!, see!, loook at me!!!, new shoes day!! look!!!!

I much prefer the minutia on tap here at good ole FF

Back
Top Bottom