FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way I have $7000 of strymon pedals on my board that can’t sound as good as this.... including the night sky.... people I hope fractal doesn’t read these comments. I am on the fm9 waitlist also now...

By the way I have $7000 of strymon pedals on my board that can’t sound as good as this.... including the night sky.... people I hope fractal doesn’t read these comments. I am on the fm9 waitlist also now...
You have at least more material (metal, plastic, jacks, wires) bought with your pedals.☝️
And weigh all the pedals ! more costs more...
So the price of the FM3 is totally OK.😁 :wink:

LOL! Literally just sold my Volante, Mobius, and Ventris, RevivalTREM, Magma57, huge Friedman pedalboard, and Zuma power supply in the past few days. All that's left to sell is my Source Audio EQ2 and my "bass boat" rig is essentially gone. Only things I'm keeping are my KOT and Sunlion. So my FM3 not only replaced my large and heavy board, but I came out ahead after the sales of all of those pedals. (I still have my small board, I'm not totally crazy)

LOL! Literally just sold my Volante, Mobius, and Ventris, RevivalTREM, Magma57, huge Friedman pedalboard, and Zuma power supply in the past few days. All that's left to sell is my Source Audio EQ2 and my "bass boat" rig is essentially gone. Only things I'm keeping are my KOT and Sunlion. So my FM3 not only replaced my large and heavy board, but I came out ahead after the sales of all of those pedals. (I still have my small board, I'm not totally crazy)
Man, if I could bring myself to sell my delay pedals, I'd make a mint. My favorites are my Korg SDD-3000 (pedal), my Moog MF104M, Volante, EHX DMM550TT, Space Echo, Dunlop Echoplex, and a bunch of others... I also have my King of Tone (4 jack, extra power barrel, higher gain red side) which, I was looking on eBay and the cheapest I saw for the KoT was $900 and it didn't even have all the options. I guess when the wait list is almost 5 years...

I should take the plunge too I know. That was my initial reaction to the fm3. But the fm3 tops out at 48khz with no analog bypass thus no analog thru at all. Strymons are at least 96khz. Ventris is an underrated beast. Single pedals have character. Everything technically “sounds the same” or has the same “sheen” in the fm3, or any modeler/multieffects. Until they use real multiple analog converter switching or something... but fm3 is very incredible

Last edited:
My Fm3 with that beta firmware, and only with the Band commander Amp type, has a big background buzz. Is more audible with headphones and when I stop to play. Any of you have the same problem?

My Fm3 with that beta firmware, and only with the Band commander Amp type, has a big background buzz. Is more audible with headphones and when I stop to play. Any of you have the same problem?

Yes. A few of us have posted on that here. I’m sure FAS will sort it out!

Man, if I could bring myself to sell my delay pedals, I'd make a mint. My favorites are my Korg SDD-3000 (pedal), my Moog MF104M, Volante, EHX DMM550TT, Space Echo, Dunlop Echoplex, and a bunch of others... I also have my King of Tone (4 jack, extra power barrel, higher gain red side) which, I was looking on eBay and the cheapest I saw for the KoT was $900 and it didn't even have all the options. I guess when the wait list is almost 5 years...

Nice flex. :)

Delay is a lifetime disability for some of us. I get it. Kind of insane how many killer delay
offerings there are.

its a known issue. i have it too. if you set the negative feedback a bit higher or lower it goes away. i guess they will fix it in the next beta/final release

Of course I know what a BETA version implies and for the same reason it is about testing it and finding possible bugs and documenting them... so I don't see your comment out of place
Hey Sorry, I was reding this thread but after 80 pages of complaints about capo, I skipped ahead and didnt realize it had become a report bug thread. Carry on..

Hey Sorry, I was reding this thread but after 80 pages of complaints about capo, I skipped ahead and didnt realize it had become a report bug thread. Carry on..
Speaking of which, I have to report Version 5.0 is AWESOME JESUS CHRIS!!!!

WHAT PLANET IS THIS BOX FROM.

As others have stated, the day there is an Fm4 sized box.... with more processing power than the three.... is going to be interesting.

Even if fractal made a few strymon NIghtsky/Volante sized pedal.... with just a feeeeeew algorithms. Like Reverb only etc....
Damn imagine if they did that. #selllikehotcakes.

I don't have another application open it's a bug.
Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Have you checked Task Manager (assuming it's Windows) to make sure there's not a "hung" app running even though you don't see one?

In any case, it's not about "not recognized"... Probably best to post in the FM3-Edit forum as this is a Firmware thread.

Edit:

I see you already posted here and it likely is a bug for Mac:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-mac-after-beta-5-update.180112/#post-2206110

Last edited:
I'll wait for the official release to update. In the meantime I've been reviewing some vids by Leon Todd and others to get a handle on what to expect. Just in case anyone else is interested, I found Cooper Carter's run down to be very helpful. In his words, "In true Fractal fashion, this little unit right over here, keeps getting better and it keeps getting better for free."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom