FW Updates for the FM9?

the one that kind of caught me off guard that I really want back is the double press option to go back to prior scene

I understand the Ax3 having some features that can't be shared but I figured everything the FM3 had. the Fm9. was shipped w and I used that feature a lot

the one that kind of caught me off guard that I really want back is the double press option to go back to prior scene

I understand the Ax3 having some features that can't be shared but I figured everything the FM3 had. the Fm9. was shipped w and I used that feature a lot
I use to like the global preset on the Axe Fx II....that neber came over either. I gave up on it an dnow just do scenes. But I still wish we had that option.

This is on the road map for FC, FM3 and FM9, but I believe it will be on HOLD, not TAP AGAIN.
My vote on that would be no... That really defeats the purpose of being able to jump quickly back to the previous scene.

I mean if the only option is to do it that way then it's better than nothing, but the second-tap is really appealing for the reason I mentioned.

Edit:

Not that my vote counts for much! ;)

My vote on that would be no... That really defeats the purpose of being able to jump quickly back to the previous scene.

I mean if the only option is to do it that way then it's better than nothing, but the second-tap is really appealing for the reason I mentioned.

Edit:

Agreed completely.

My current modified layout has Hold Functions set up on Switches 1-4 to go from Scenes 1-4 to Scenes 5-8.

However any improvements/advancements in functionality is appreciated and I am sure can be worked with.

Edit:

I didn't see Matt mentioning a vote. You're right about one thing, your vote doesn't count. I'm 100% sure there's good reasoning behind his statement, since you know, he actually works for the company. How about giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't see Matt mentioning a vote. You're right about one thing, your vote doesn't count. I'm 100% sure there's good reasoning behind his statement, since you know, he actually works for the company. How about giving him the benefit of the doubt.
@unix-guy's been around here for like 8 years or something, he's had plenty of interactions with Matt. He's just giving some good ol' user feedback, which is kinda core to how Fractal does things.

@unix-guy's been around here for like 8 years or something, he's had plenty of interactions with Matt. He's just giving some good ol' user feedback, which is kinda core to how Fractal does things.
So are you implying that its ok for him to be condescending to other users, he gets a free pass? I may not have been here for long, but I can see from many posts that his negative attitude and demeanor toward other goes unchecked.

So are you implying that its ok for him to be condescending to other users, he gets a free pass? I may not have been here for long, but I can see from many posts that his negative attitude and demeanor toward other goes unchecked.

Yeah, he rubs me the wrong way sometimes too, but his post that you replied to is not out of line. FAS does encourage and appreciate user feedback and does take it into consideration. I think his point is legitimate. A double-tap is more or less an instant switching function where the timing of a hold function is not as effective for something like switching to the previous scene. I don't see myself using the previous scene functionality, but I agree that having it on a double-tap would be more desirable.

@Admin M@ If there are reasons to offer previous scene as a hold-function, is there any reason why could it not be offered as a configurable function for both hold and double-tap options?

Last edited:

Edit:

Principal : Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison : Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

JK....
He has corrected me, and steered me straight a handful of times. If I had thin skin, I may think otherwise, but I appreciate his input every time.
I can say the same. On self reflection, I am usually wrong.

Last edited:
He used the wink emoji. Come on people!
Which used to be what "Lol" was for, in that, since the written word doesn't convey voice inflection hardly at all (sometimes italics helps.)
But from what I see, that emoji gets used to get someone a pass when they feel they just can't refrain from saying something that really, just shouldn't be said. Iow, it's overused. A lot by certain "special" members around here.

Last edited:
Which used to be what "Lol" was for, in that, since the written word doesn't convey voice inflection hardly at all (sometimes italics helps.)
But from what I see, that emoji gets used to get someone a pass when they feel they just can't refrain from saying something that really, just shouldn't be said. Iow, it's overused.

Agreed. LOL is so 1999 You've Got Mail. :)

Back
Top Bottom