Just got my FM3 !

Knightmare

Inspired
Hi all I’m new here and just got my FM3 a few days ago and just wanted to share my thoughts.
I’ve been playing for about 22 years and in that time been through real amps , then had my fun with the Pods and then onto software for guitar recording
Having got the FM3 virtually brand new recently I literally am still in jaw drop mode
It’s completely a different level compared to Pod/Helix or plugin solutions
FM edit is just awesome and on the day I got it I had dialled in the tones I had always been looking for within minutes!
Honestly quite shocked at the level of accuracy here my hats off to everyone at Fractal
The effects surpass most plugins I own (and I have bought tons over the year’s UAD etc)
Not bothered about CPU limits as if needed I can add The excellent FAS Reverb during mixing as I’m only using FM3 for recording
It’s really fired up my inspiration to compose without feeling being held back by production limitations
I’m an 80s nut mostly, love Gary Moore (80s era) EVH and the usual suspects
Just thought I’d say hi , offer my thoughts and to anyone thinking of buying the FM3....do it !

Hi an welcome to the Fractal family. Can only fully support what you stated, the Fractal products and the modeling and effects are outstanding and value for money is more than fair and you will get updates and patches during the lifecycle frequently as the device is further developed. So enjoy the FM3 and have a great time.

Having got the FM3 virtually brand new recently I literally am still in jaw drop mode
It’s completely a different level compared to Pod/Helix or plugin solutions
Shit, don't say that.. I'm still trying to hold off a little while, going from Helix to an FM3.

In fact, I think I'm the black sheep of the Helix forum now because I keep pushing the Fractals over there and it's not going down well, I'm only being honest lol

Gonna have to agree with being in jaw drop mode. I got my FM3 a few days ago and can't get over the way this thing sounds. Years back I had an Eleven rack and it left a bad impression on me with amp modelers. I sold it and never touched em again then Fractal came along, the quality and sound are unmatched. Now I can't decide if I wanna use a power amp into a real cab or just an FRFR, also I should mention it's my first Fractal product, and have never had this much fun learning about a piece of gear, I could go on and on about it lol. It rules!

Gonna have to agree with being in jaw drop mode. I got my FM3 a few days ago and can't get over the way this thing sounds. Years back I had an Eleven rack and it left a bad impression on me with amp modelers. I sold it and never touched em again then Fractal came along, the quality and sound are unmatched. Now I can't decide if I wanna use a power amp into a real cab or just an FRFR, also I should mention it's my first Fractal product, and have never had this much fun learning about a piece of gear, I could go on and on about it lol. It rules!

This jaw drop mode is no good for my wallet as I will no doubt cave and get and FM3!

One word of advice on the FRFR solution - get some good recommendations because I nearly ruined that method completely by having the wrong speakers, and didn't realise until I got to test something much better

This jaw drop mode is no good for my wallet as I will no doubt cave and get and FM3!

One word of advice on the FRFR solution - get some good recommendations because I nearly ruined that method completely by having the wrong speakers, and didn't realise until I got to test something much better
Agreed. My wallet hates me

Thanks for the advice. I more than likely will extensively compare and probably obsess over it for a while lol. I'll be on the road a month for work so one guitar, headphones, and the fm3 will be my rig for a bit cause this thing is definitely coming with me!.

Ah the Plexi's on the Fractals do sound superb - they are shite on the Helix, but the 2204 modded Marshall isn't bad with a decent IR

They are. :)

I bet I only played the Marshalls (and still use them more than any other models) for the first few months
I had the FM3. Prior to that I had an Helix and a Kemper Stage. The Marshall models on the FM3 just blew
my mind. The tone, the feel, the touch, the top end snarl, the responsiveness, the dynamics. Amazing!!! :)

Got mine about 5-6 days ago and now I have FM3 addiction.I have used modellers such as Pod 500x and Boss GT100.Recently playing through STL Tonehub a lot and also my pedalboard but the day I received my FM3 and started playing not even I once I felt the need for my previous rig.
This this thing is just different.At first I was not very sure about buying it because some sources/reviews over the internet says the Fractal Audio is a hype some says it is real.
But now that I own one I am confident enough to say it is real and simply sounds amazing.

They are. :)

I bet I only played the Marshalls (and still use them more than any other models) for the first few months
I had the FM3. Prior to that I had an Helix and a Kemper Stage. The Marshall models on the FM3 just blew
my mind. The tone, the feel, the touch, the top end snarl, the responsiveness, the dynamics. Amazing!!! :)
Good explanation... that snarl you talked about is a characteristic that is definitely a bit missing in the Helix,
it doesn't sound quite as alive as the fractal - from what I've heard in the demo vids at least

Howdy all! Some of you guys know me from TGP and I have been
irking here for a while now. I am a long time Kemper and Helix user and I just finally broke down and bought an FM3 to check out. I really like the form factor and from what I can hear in clips and demos the effects on the Fractal sound better than what I have been working with. I want to use this in my studio but I am also thinking I can use it as an effects board into my Tonemaster Deluxe which would be incredibly cool. It’s on its way to me and I have been reading the manual and some of the excellent videos on the unit. Looking forward to sharing my experience and contributing to this group. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Frank

Back
Top Bottom