Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 3

I asked this in the last beta thread, but I don't think it got definitively answered before the thread got locked, so here goes again, abbreviated:

Wait, want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Which will not be an option?
#1: converting bank-B
#2: possibility for users to freely split the memory available

I can see how #2 could be messy messy, but how about #1? Is that feasible? That's clearly the majority wish, over not having them available.
Cliff's comment was that it is not possible to use the User 2 Bank on the mkI.

I'm getting the delayed scratchy artifacts with FullRes cabs in the scratchpad slots of my MK1 that others were getting with the previous beta. Tried all the mentioned tricks like changing to an empty slot and back, muting and soloing, etc., but nothing so far gets rid of the artifacts. Sounds amazing otherwise. Can't wait to try more FullRes IRs.
Yeah, I broke something when I was optimizing things. The unit test fails now so I screwed something up in the optimization. There's a weird transient at the trailing edge of each window. I must've screwed something up when I was exploiting the FFT symmetry.

I hope you can ignore the pressure you're getting from us … we all know everything you’re doing is for the common good! We need to give you the space to do what you do so well for all of us. Please take your time.

I fixed it. The old memcpy() mistake forgetting to multiply by sizeof().
Yeah, I hate when that happens LOL!

On a serious note, I am getting a big volume drop when I unmute the 2 FullRes IRs no matter what level I have them set. If I solo them or mute them, the level comes back up. Is this normal? This is on a MKI Axe.

An overall volume drop, or a relative drop in the level of specific cabs? The later is expected as the cab block always keeps the block output level constant when leveling or muting/soloing cabs. If you have all 4 cabs active, each cab constitutes only 1/4 of the signal level if all the cabs are set to 0 dB. If you mute two of them, then the remaining cabs then each constitute 1/2 the signal level and will sound twice as loud as when all 4 are active.

An overall volume drop, or a relative drop in the level of specific cabs? The later is expected as the cab block always keeps the block output level constant when leveling or muting/soloing cabs. If you have all 4 cabs active, each cab constitutes only 1/4 of the signal level if all the cabs are set to 0 dB. If you mute two of them, then the remaining cabs then each constitute 1/2 the signal level and will sound twice as loud as when all 4 are active.
It's a large overall volume drop. I have presets with 3 & 4 cab slots in use without this issue. It's only the couple of priests I have tried with the FullRes IRs that there is a volume issue.

if anyone's still not able to send the fullRes IRs to the MkI from a mac: I had to set fractal bot's Device to "utiliy" then the output to Axe-Fx III

that worked

also I had to use Cab 3 for both imports. So first I set it to scratchpad 2, imprted the right IR, then I set it to scratchpad 1 and imported the lfet one. Then set the Cab 4 to scratchpad 2

Hmm. Haven't seen that on my MK1. We're you getting any scratchy artifacts on your FullRes cabs?
I haven't noticed that but it looks like Cliff is about to post a new version since this thread is now unpinned.

Edit: new beta 4 still has a major volume drop when I unmute the FullRes IRs. Oh well.

Last edited:
if anyone's still not able to send the fullRes IRs to the MkI from a mac: I had to set fractal bot's Device to "utiliy" then the output to Axe-Fx III

that worked

also I had to use Cab 3 for both imports. So first I set it to scratchpad 2, imprted the right IR, then I set it to scratchpad 1 and imported the lfet one. Then set the Cab 4 to scratchpad 2
That's precisely what the directions say.

Yes, I'm sure... Because he had previously stated that the option for usersto "choose" was not possible.
Understood -- no choosing, no banks of mixed types.

I'm just verifying that the option where the second user bank on a Mk I becomes storage for FullRes IRs, only, isn't feasible.

Back
Top Bottom