Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Do you have any suggestions if I want to use these presets, but also others built for my own standard FC12 layout?

I guess I'd want to either have all your presets switch to your layout and mine switch to mine, kinda ugh, or have a specific switch in both layouts to switch to the other one. I'm not a big fan of the rock-stomp move if I can help it.

Thoughts?
Hey Dave: great question. On my iPhone so forgive typos below

My layout is very similar to stock factory layout.

if using your own layout, i’d recommend these adjustments:

on any Scene, I would had a “Hold” (not tap) that would turn on the CS2 Amp Boost. That feature really wakes up some amps.

i would make sure you can turn on/off Drive2 (that is the default drive). Use Drive 1 for your own stuff.

i would see if you can use an open layout page to set up a way to turn on/off each of the CS2 to CS6 switches, plus the Filter 1 block. That is your “amp layout” page.

that really is about 85% of my layout pages - not hard to adopt into your own layout system I hope.

Hey Dave: great question. On my iPhone so forgive typos below

My layout is very similar to stock factory layout.

if using your own layout, i’d recommend these adjustments:

on any Scene, I would had a “Hold” (not tap) that would turn on the CS2 Amp Boost. That feature really wakes up some amps.

i would make sure you can turn on/off Drive2 (that is the default drive). Use Drive 1 for your own stuff.

i would see if you can use an open layout page to set up a way to turn on/off each of the CS2 to CS6 switches, plus the Filter 1 block. That is your “amp layout” page.

that really is about 85% of my layout pages - not hard to adopt into your own layout system I hope.
Thanks, I'll need to think on it.

I spend most of my time in modified versions of the stock Scenes and Presets layouts. They're both similar to the originals, with added goodies mostly.

I'll have to see how to integrate these two worlds...

If you like the Bogner Ecstasy amp model as much as I do, then highly recommend you check out Justin York of @York Audio 's Bogner 4x12 Cab Pack. I dug into them tonight.

Here's a link to it. This Cab Pack also happens to be on sale, $14.99.

Just go to the Mixes folder in it, there are 12 of them. They are spectacular sounding!

I'm personally groovin' on Mixes 1, 2, 5, 7 and 11. Thick bottom, woody, with both cutting mids and balanced highs. Killah.

For the record, I have no business affiliation with Justin and no contact with him about this.

Just think his Cab IRs are among the best I've ever heard, and I rarely need to stray outside his pre-made mixes.

I'm going to check out, as time permits, some of the others he offers in conjunction with LiveGold amp sounds. But the Bogner Ecstasy never sounded better with his IRs, truly - it really completes the tone, my Cygnus Fractal Ecstasy presets really sound and feel just like the real Ecstasy 101b I own here in the studio. Mind blowing.

Is there a workaround to access the c5 switches and so on without the FM3 layout? It worked fine on the betas and 3.0, I only have FM3
Yes - watch the LiveGold video #4 om YouTube. You can use the editor. You hit the CONTROLLERS button, then CS by Scene page, and you can turn any controller on or off by Scene.

If you like the Bogner Ecstasy amp model as much as I do, then highly recommend you check out Justin York of @York Audio 's Bogner 4x12 Cab Pack. I dug into them tonight.

Just go to the Mixes folder in it, there are 12 of them. They are spectacular sounding!

I'm personally groovin' on Mixes 1, 2, 5, 7 and 11. Thick bottom, woody, with both cutting mids and balanced highs. Killah.

For the record, I have no business affiliation with Justin and no contact with him about this.

Just think his Cab IRs are among the best I've ever heard, and I rarely need to stray outside his pre-made mixes.

I'm going to check out, as time permits, some of the others he offers in conjunction with LiveGold amp sounds. But the Bogner Ecstasy never sounded better with his IRs, truly - it really completes the tone, my Cygnus Fractal Ecstasy presets really sound and feel just like the real Ecstasy 101b I own here in the studio. Mind blowing.

If you came up with a list of suggested combinations Live Gold presets and third party IRs, I'd buy them in a second.

If it were me, I'd reload and use all three, as I did re-level Bank 1 from the original June version.

In Bank 2 on Axe- Fx III I also fixed the Input Block channel B issue that should have said Auto Impedance, not 90k. But if you are FM3 that is moot because it is not an option.
Austin, just to clarify...you re-did leveling for Bank 1 after the initial (June) release, but Bank 2 was not re-leveled with this new release? I'd made some mod's to the Bank 1 pre-sets, so just trying to figure out if I should redo them with the July release.

Thanks!

Austin, just to clarify...you re-did leveling for Bank 1 after the initial (June) release, but Bank 2 was not re-leveled with this new release? I'd made some mod's to the Bank 1 pre-sets, so just trying to figure out if I should redo them with the July release.

Thanks!
I leveled Bank 1 initial release too hot. I releveled cygnus Bank 1, and original Cygnus Banks 2 and 3 were leveled correctly. Some sounds may appear louder than others, but they are pretty consistent on a visual meter. Remember Bank 3 hi-gain/metal sounds will spike a fader meter initially but a sustained A chord will come in leveled after the initial hit. Scene 4 leads get leveled not on low chords but on leads played at 10th fret and those notes should be reaching/hitting -12db.

If you came up with a list of suggested combinations Live Gold presets and third party IRs, I'd buy them in a second.
Just match the York Audio IRs to their amps. It’s that easy. All of the mix files they include in that Mix folder I have tried so far are quite good and the differences between those 12 or so Mix variation IRs are more subtle than drastic. No bad ones! Justin has a great ear.

Thanks!
You know, if you like the sound and volume works for you, I would not bother. They are just a little hot but should not distort digitally.

Hey Buddy.
Will you make a note here, when the Brootalz and Engl's have been updated in bank 3?
Yes, but I am waiting on a signal from Fractal about whether further changes after 16.05 will Come to Powerball and ENGL/Angle or not, they have lost a lot of low bass since firmware 15. Cliff said he fixed Brootalz model and it seems so, but not the ENGL.

Plus I want to see if any other issues pop up before I upload any new “fix” banks, like to do them all at once. Maybe I will just zip some fixed presets up.

Does Cygnus affect the Bass pack. Do I need to do anything with those? Thanks
Yes - Cygnus affects it, some things need adjustment but mainly re-leveling after the amps are reset.

We are working on the 200+ Bass TonePack update for Cygnus, should be done in about two weeks.

Will post when it is ready and in downloads area of accounts for those who bought it. It is sounding pretty awesome. The fixed Blackglass drive is sounding great in it!

Last edited:
Morning folks.

A few of you contacted me in past few weeks about presets looking empty or missing in the Cygnus FM3 4.0 update. I finalyl had a chance to check into it this morning.

Make sure you are using the PUBLIC final 4.0 firmware, this is NOT the same as the Public BETA 4.0 firmware we all got from the Forum.

You can the correct 4.0 Public release firmware find it here. Load that up, and if you couldn't see a Bank 3 before, you should be able to know. You may have to refresh your preset names (circular arrows in top left of preset window).

Bank 1's JMP-1 OD1 preset thought may still come up blank. This is my fault. I use this preset to test stuff and probably saved it under 4.05 beta (not released) last. When the next update comes out it should appear.

The other thing I've heard is OMG9 from the January 2021 release wasn't working in 4.0 for some. But it should be. Make sure in the FC Controllers DEVICES setting for the "START UP" layout page is set to page 8, NOT to page 1. When I reset parameters it changed it back to 1 I think, so I had to re-change it to 8 and everything appears to be working fine now.

As always, as you go through the FM3 LiveGold Bank presets, if a preset is giving you trouble with noise or crackling, flag it for us here. It's probably too many CS amp controllers attached to it for the CPU load on that amp model, and taking a few off will solve the issue.

Seems like everyone is loving the update! So glad for that. I'm finishing up the 200+ Bass TonePack Update which which should be ready mid-month.

Curious, when you load Bank 3 from the FM3 folder into the FM3 browser I noticed this:

View attachment 85859

Wondering if these are the FM3 versions and that's a typo or maybe they got mixed up, I checked the Ax3 folder and its the same. Or, maybe the AX3 and FM3 presets are the same?
I port them over from the Axe Fx III when updated to the FM3 using Preset Manager. I try to change all the end of preset names to avoid any cross-confusion between unit versions (this time just dropped the FM3 and put "-c"), but sometimes I might miss one.

Thanks for flagging. I'll get it fixed for next update. The Axe-Fx III versions are the exact same LiveGold presets, except they have an Output 3 and 4, which "disappear" when you port the preset over to the FM3. If (rarely) a preset in the FM3 spikes up on CPU to over 80%, I'll drop some of the CS modifiers in the amp block, starting with Saturation CS5 and then Brite CS4...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom