Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Carry on, my Wayward Son. There'll be peace when you are done.
Naked amps?
Later this summer. Am “eating the elephant” of updating 2,600+ tones in four TonePacks one bite at a time. Naked Amps was just update in January to fw15.

BTW, fw15 still sounds killer and I still use it for gigs. After playing every amp model and A/Bing to compare firmwares, I find for some amps, ARES 15 has less compressed mids than Cygnus, which is probably why there are still a small group players who prefer fw15 to Cygnus.
Other amps sound and feel better under Cygnus. Some sound pretty much identical under either the same (after you re-Level them to compensate).
So everyone gets to choose which flavor of firmware they like best, since the TonePacks come in both versions.

Hey Austin, didn’t get a chance to check, but are those 4 Recto presets available on the FM3 as well? Still loving your Atomica preset that you had on the first Cygnus release btw as well?

Hey Austin, didn’t get a chance to check, but are those 4 Recto presets available on the FM3 as well? Still loving your Atomica preset that you had on the first Cygnus release btw as well?
I haven’t ported it to FM3 yet for Axe-Change but will this weekend. You can always use the Preset Manager in FM3 and import the Axe-Fx III version yourself though, it just drops Outs 3 and 4 else is the same preset.

WOW!!!!!! I just played for a very short time with the Munky love and it sounds so much better than what it did in your original pack. I honestly think I may never change the preset again. Excellent Job Buddy

WOW!!!!!! I just played for a very short time with the Munky love and it sounds so much better than what it did in your original pack. I honestly think I may never change the preset again. Excellent Job Buddy
That’s Cygnus effect. Honestly I did minimal tweaking on the Rectos, mainly those just needed re-leveling. Glad you dig it! I had some fun playing those again last night myself.

IT'S DONE. I've uploaded the Cygnus update of the 1000+ LiveGold TonePack for the Axe- Fx III and FM3 to your accounts for all three banks, re-leveled.

New download zip file is labeled LATEST JULY 2021.

Login to your accounts at www.austinbuddy.com at your convenience to get the July 2021 Cygnus 16.04 updated 1000+ LiveGold TonePack download zip file for existing customers.

Because there is an issue with using my amp page layout in firmware FM3 4.00 layouts (will be fixed in future firmware), no FM3 or OMG9 layout is included at this time. FC12 for Axe- FX III is included though and should work fine.

Updated the preset list for all three Banks. Updated the Cygnus Release notes. Updated the User Manual.

For non-customers, the 1000+ LiveGold TonePack will be on Holiday sale for about two weeks, starting from today until July 17th, for $79.

Because there may be a lot of web traffic, and it may be slow loading - so be patient. If you can't remember your password and try multiple times unsuccessfully to log in, the web's auto-security will think you are a BOT and temporarily lock you out for four hours. After four hours, it will reset anew, and usually most people who couldn't log in the first time can successfully reset passwords and/or get in/access then.

Enjoy!

IT'S DONE. I've uploaded the Cygnus update of the 1000+ LiveGold TonePack for the Axe- Fx III and FM3 to your accounts for all three banks, re-leveled.

Login to your accounts at www.austinbuddy.com at your convenience to get the July 2021 Cygnus 16.04 updated 1000+ LiveGold TonePack download zip file for existing customers.

Because there is a known issue with using my amp page layout in firmware FM3 4.00 layouts (will be fixed in future Fractal firmware) though, so no FM3-only or OMG9 FC layout is included in the zip file at this time. Once Fractal release a firmware addressing this, I'll release an updated OMG9 and original (the old ones may work again then), and I'll post it here too. The FC12 layout for Axe- FX III is included though and should work fine.

Updated the preset list for all three Banks. Updated the Cygnus Release notes. Updated the User Manual.

For non-customers, the 1000+ LiveGold TonePack will be on Holiday sale for about two weeks, starting from today until July 17th, for $79.

Because there may be a lot of web traffic, and it may be slow loading - so be patient. If you can't remember your password and try multiple times unsuccessfully to log in, the web's auto-security will think you are a BOT and temporarily lock you out for four hours. After four hours, it will reset anew, and usually most people who couldn't log in the first time can successfully reset passwords and/or get in/access then.

Enjoy!

Because there is a known issue with using my amp page layout in firmware FM3 4.00 layouts (will be fixed in future Fractal firmware) though, so no FM3-only or OMG9 FC layout is included in the zip file at this time. Once Fractal release a firmware addressing this, I'll release an updated OMG9 and original (the old ones may work again then), and I'll post it here too. The FC12 layout for Axe- FX III is included though and should work fine.

Enjoy!
NOW THIS is Fireworks!!!!!
Thanks Buddy!

Thank you for all your hard work on this AB!

I'm sorry if I missed this, but did you also make additional changes to the first two banks you released for Cygnus a few weeks ago? Should we be uploading all three at this point ... or just bank 3 to be up-to-date?

EDIT: Actually, let me check this before you guys adjust anything.

Hey everyone:

Just saw that Fractal/Cliff JUST released firmware 16.05, and the release notes say 16.05 fixes the FAS Brootalz and ENGL (Angle Severe) and I think Powerball models. No other amps changes - so all else is good!

I had reported some issues in beta forum on 16.04 with those amp models as a possible bug but hadn't heard back- so I had added some extra bass to the Cygnus 16.04 version amp model seemed to have lost.

So those Bank 3 presets will like be very bassy on 16.05.

I will update the presets and re-load the bank 3 files for Axe- Fx III in next 24-48 hours.

There is no FM3 update for this amp model fix yet, but will do that when one becomes available. Just so you know!

If you want to do a quick fix in the mean time, lower the Depth by subtracting 3 from the current scene value, and lower the Bass by subtracting 2.0....that should get you close to what the ARES version was.

Thank you for all your hard work on this AB!

I'm sorry if I missed this, but did you also make additional changes to the first two banks you released for Cygnus a few weeks ago? Should we be uploading all three at this point ... or just bank 3 to be up-to-date?

If it were me, I'd reload and use all three, as I did re-level Bank 1 from the original June version.

In Bank 2 on Axe- Fx III I also fixed the Input Block channel B issue that should have said Auto Impedance, not 90k. But if you are FM3 that is moot because it is not an option.

Reactions: Den

Enjoy!
I LOVE YOU

If had two people contact me to say they tried to load bank 3 but it was empty. One then said they tried again and it loaded okay on another try.

So - you should be on 16.04. Don't have the editor open when you run FractalBot. Hit the "Preset refresh button" (upper right circular arrows in preset window, by the "pin") in the editor after you start it.

I have to fix the FAS Brootalz and ENGL presets for Cygnus firmware 16.05 (newest, just released today) and will resave and re-load up Bank 3 in next few days, but you'll need to use the new 16.05 firmware for that one, not 16.04, to use those in corrected form.

Last edited:
Is there a workaround to access the c5 switches and so on without the FM3 layout? It worked fine on the betas and 3.0, I only have FM3

Do you have any suggestions if I want to use these presets, but also others built for my own standard FC12 layout?

I guess I'd want to either have all your presets switch to your layout and mine switch to mine, kinda ugh, or have a specific switch in both layouts to switch to the other one. I'm not a big fan of the rock-stomp move if I can help it.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom