Block Libraries for Effects?

I’ve not seen anything like this yet either. On the AX8 forum someone had started a thread so people could share blocks.

Why not just upload a preset with the block(s) you wish to share to Axe Change? Wouldn't that accomplish the same goal?

If it’s a given emulation of a pedal, that pedal would have specific knobs, and those knobs would have a given range. I think it would be hard to indicate that you can o my adjust from say 3.0 -7.4 on the Axe parameter to emulate 0-10 on the pedal, then of course which parameter are allowable to adjust and which do you leave alone ?
Unless one simple wants a block that exactly marches a given pedal with the knobs at one particular settings....

that seems a little silly though too as not everyone with a certain pedal is going to want it set exactly the same I wouldn’t think ?

It would be cool if you could save a block as a ‘pedal’ with certain knobs and custom ranges.
but I think a ‘snapshot’ of a certain pedal could work too and most people can tweak from there.

A block library would be cool, but it has its limitation for more advanced effects creations. Blocks don't include any controller settings or routing information, so if you are using things like parallel routing, feedback loops, or controllers to manipulate parameters, none of that will be included in a single block. A full preset is required for things like that.

That said, for sounds that utilize only the settings in the block itself, it would be a welcome addition for sure.

A block library would be cool, but it has its limitation for more advanced effects creations. Blocks don't include any controller settings or routing information, so if you are using things like parallel routing, feedback loops, or controllers to manipulate parameters, none of that will be included in a single block. A full preset is required for things like that.

That said, for sounds that utilize only the settings in the block itself, it would be a welcome addition for sure.

I think Fractal should invest a LOT more in integrating sharing patches to the cloud library more accessible and attractive because that's a very large blocker to more adoption, the quality and quantity of patches available for the FX 3 is not very good - which doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the effort of who already shared, I think it should happen a lot more.

Please make this happen. It's a glaring oversight that wastes a lot of time researching instead of playing.
Glaring oversight?

I think Fractal should invest a LOT more in integrating sharing patches to the cloud library more accessible and attractive because that's a very large blocker to more adoption, the quality and quantity of patches available for the FX 3 is not very good - which doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the effort of who already shared, I think it should happen a lot more.
I think some Fractal users should invest a LOT more in figuring out how to dial in their own "patches" instead of relying on others to somehow know what will sound good on someone else's system.

I think that all got kind of stunted with the Axe-Fx III because you can only get as granular as saving an entire block (4 channels). You can't simply save singlular channels within blocks.

In other words, if I come up with a really neat way to dial in a Plexi in [ Amp 1, Channel A] on the grid and I save that block and send it to you, you can't only import Channel A of the Amp 1 block. With the way things are now, you must import the entire block. Have you setup Amp1's Channels B, C, and D the way you want? Sorry, you'll have to overwrite those with whatever that imported Plexi block happened to have. And I hope you wanted that Plexi in Channel A, specifically.

This makes saving and sharing blocks in the context of using them with scenes just about impossible. Nobody wants to import a whole block for a single channel if it means being forced to overwrite the other 3 channels of a block in your patch, which you have to do to import a block.

If Fractal or the Axe Edit software developer would develop the capability to save and export single "Channels" of blocks as opposed to entire blocks of 4 channels, I'd bet you'd see enthusiasm for sharing invidivual effects skyrocket.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom