Previous AX8 user coming over to FM3 - can it do this?? - 4CM/FOH content

Hi Guys,

Finally made the jump over to FM3!!

My old faithful AX8 was able to (with a bit of clever panning) operate in 4CM and simultaneously send an IR'd version of my preamp to FOH - so I had my MKV Mesa on stage with me in 4CM (panned hard L)essentially as my on-stage monitor and main tone generating device but was also able to get the preamp of the Mesa routed though a separate path (panned hard R IIRC) with an IR on the end of it which I used to send to FOH over XLR.

The options on the back of the FM3 look to be a little less than the AX8 but I'm hoping the upgrade in "logic" will allow me to do this?

I'm assuming I need to use the Out2 panned method here with a little "magic routing" around getting that signal split out (obvs in mono) to the Out 1 as well?

When I am home, I‘ll try to set up a preset which may work as expected and post it here. Give me some time, though :)

1611944473099.png
Basically something like this?

Sorry, I read through your request, but I am confused what kind of effects you want, when to mix them, etc.
But if I think correctly, you'll need a XLR to TS cable, to get Out 1 in the FX Return of your amp.

What I’m after is essentially a bunch of pedalboard type effects (comp, drive, chorus, delay etc) in a standard 4CM format but at the end of the signal chain where it finally breaks out back to the fx return (from Out 2 on 1/4””)on the amp is another split off there to Out1 (XLR)via an IR block which essentially is my real amp’s sound to FOH.

The reason - it saves micing up on stage (remember those days!!) and gives FOH a consistent signal every night.

But if I think correctly, you'll need a XLR to TS cable, to get Out 1 in the FX Return of your amp.

Yep, I think that'll be the crux of it.

Basically you'll want to have a cab appear in just one side (nominally 'left') and not have the cab in the 'right' channel. Left would get sent to FOH and right would go back to the FX return.

Works in theory but I haven't tried setting it up.

Back
Top Bottom