AFIII The Royal Scam

WITELITE

Experienced
Our keyboard player came up from Florida so we did an outdoor jam over 2 days which among other things we played the Royal Scam in its entirety. Certainly some COVID rust but so nice to get together and play again.

Note - all the songs are here. If you click on the three lines next to the Kid Charlemagne title you can see the entire playlist.

Last edited:
Just watched Kid Charlemagne - Nice all around!

I liked how the sax took the place of the high vocal harmony in the chorus.

WOW! Most excellent...

Went to your channel on YouTube and listened to Bodhisattva and From the Beginning. Pure joy...

Last edited:
Well done sir. Looks like the stage faces south? We played a Harley dealer as well Saturday stage facing south. Me on the same side as you with a nice big shade tree over me. Boy did I get the stink eye from the rest of the band all day while they got a tan. Damn hate those outside Florida gigs, all we have had since March. Hope to get back indoors some day.

Well done sir. Looks like the stage faces south? We played a Harley dealer as well Saturday stage facing south. Me on the same side as you with a nice big shade tree over me. Boy did I get the stink eye from the rest of the band all day while they got a tan. Damn hate those outside Florida gigs, all we have had since March. Hope to get back indoors some day.
Thanks. I wish for florida weather about now. We are in St. Louis and the keyboard player drove up from florida. One day it was 80 degrees and one day (Haitian divorce and green earrings) was 50. You can see the difference. But just fun to play again.

Awesome job, I'm quite happy to sit listening to that instead of the real thing! I love real attention to detail, well done!
Wouldn't mind knowing how you got the Haitian Divorce Talk-Box sound so accurate., sounds really good!

Last edited:
Awesome job, I'm quite happy to sit listening to that instead of the real thing! I love real attention to detail, well done!
Wouldn't mind knowing how you got the Haitian Divorce Talk-Box sound so accurate., sounds really good!
Here's the preset. (It may have global blocks so let me know if it doesn't translate) The talk box effect is tied to expression pedal 2. (Expression Pedal 3 is volume I think) And ignore input 4 as that's for a synth when the keyboard player doesn't come up from Florida! Thanks!

Attachments

• Haitian Divorce.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 20
Here's the preset. (It may have global blocks so let me know if it doesn't translate) The talk box effect is tied to expression pedal 2. (Expression Pedal 3 is volume I think) And ignore input 4 as that's for a synth when the keyboard player doesn't come up from Florida! Thanks!
Cool thanks, I'll give that a whirl...

One of my favorite Steely Dan Albums and there are many...great job and attention to detail as another forum member pointed out. Your guitar tones were nice in a great live mix.

Our keyboard player came up from Florida so we did an outdoor jam over 2 days which among other things we played the Royal Scam in its entirety. Certainly some COVID rust but so nice to get together and play again.

Note - all the songs are here. If you click on the three lines next to the Kid Charlemagne title you can see the entire playlist.

You guys sound outstanding very awesome really great. I thought I was really listening to Steely Dan.
You guys knocked it out of the park. Really enjoyed you recordings :)

Back
Top Bottom