Are we done? - updates to our Axe-Fx II (Mark II) ?

jmo

Hey Folks !
So are we done with updates to our AXE-FX II (MARK II) ? I think the last one was ARES 2.00 from Sept 18 2019
I could be wrong, but I think that was the last one. I always appreciated the fact that FRACTAL constantly improved, updated, tweaked.
I'm sure its a lot of work, and the AXE FX III and other products take priority, but always loved how FRACTAL kept older products relevant (software wise)

Thanks !
Jmo
(-;

Looks like the last one to me, but, even without further updates the Axe 2 is an awesome machine at ARES 2. I was supposed to sell my 2 mk1 after getting the 3 but just can't part with it - it's now functions proudly in the 3's loop.

Last edited:
Looks like the last one to me, but, even without further updates the Axe 2 is an awesome machine at ARES 2. I was supposed to sell my 2 mk1 after getting the 3 but just can part with it - it's now functions proudly in the 3's loop.
Totally ! I'm with ya !

Come to thing of it, the FAS team kept working on it and giving us firmware updates for how long, eight and a half years or so?

I mean, which other companies do that?

Having said that, my AF2 (Mark I, bought new late 2011) is still the backbone of my guitar and bass gear and to be quite honest I am happy the firmware chase is over as all my presets have been stabilized since last September.

Never stopped playing it and chances are I am keeping it even after I get an FM3.

👍

The "final frontier" is your imagination! Even when firmware updates have ceased, you are always at the beginning of the infinite possibilities already offered by the Axe-Fx II. I used it for hours every day for almost ten years and never got bored.

The last statement quoted in that section says "no more updates" and was from 4/2019.

The latest update was from 9/2019...

That contradiction might confuse some people :)

Never heard a complaint. And these are quotes. Can't change quotes.

I mean, which other companies do that?
Anyone with iOS gets updates about once a month. Just sayin lol
I don't get why we want to think that we need more updates. It's already great and unmatched! It's like updating is the answer to everything these days.

Well, Cliff did post this on Sep 29th and then has not said anything else about it since then:

"FWIW, I'll be porting some of the Axe-Fx III 9.xx changes this week. I woke up yesterday and figured out a way to use a single modeling data file for all products going forward so we won't have to maintain multiple files."

It would be nice if he would just come out and say that the firmware updates are officially done FOR SURE so that everyone can put the issue to rest.

The "final frontier" is your imagination! Even when firmware updates have ceased, you are always at the beginning of the infinite possibilities already offered by the Axe-Fx II. I used it for hours every day for almost ten years and never got bored.

Great point!

There is so much you can do with what is provided inside that box that you can build just about anything. It is still a flagship-quality product!

Since the updates have ceased, you don't have to worry about whether the sounds of your patches will change either.

Back
Top Bottom