Scam websites selling Maine Coon cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

1poorplayer

Power User
My wife recently got scammed , while trying to buy our oldest son a Maine Coon kitten for his birthday.
In her defense , we bought our Great Dane online and had him shipped from Texas with no problems.
The site - Cherry Maine Coons Cattery. The kitten - Niko.

https://cherrymainecooncattery.site/

After the seller got her money , he quit responding. We researched more cat selling sites , and it appears this is common place with many Maine Coon selling websites. There are a bunch of fraudulent websites “selling” these cats. Beware. This Asshole took her for $600. I’d love to nail his ass to the wall.

Wow, some people just suck don't they? :/

I'm sorry that happened to her. How did she pay? I've had my bank reverse charges before, credit card companies on the other hand seem to vary in helpfulness. Worth a try though if she hasn't already done so.

Wow, some people just suck don't they? :/

I'm sorry that happened to her. How did she pay? I've had my bank reverse charges before, credit card companies on the other hand seem to vary in helpfulness. Worth a try though if she hasn't already done so.

Thanks. Apple Pay. Not going to happen.
I found out - in the real world - a Maine Coon is going to run around $1500 and up

Hindsight and all that, but for those amounts of money I wouldn't consider a payment method that didn't protect you at heart somewhat.

So, I worked at one the greatest Shipyards in the U.S., Newport News Shipbuilding, for 40 years as a Software Engineer. 13 years ago, I dropped my wife off in the North Yard (she worked there as well). On my way out early in the morning after stormy night, I saw a black spot moving in the road. I stopped and discovered a small kitten...I took him to work and put him in a box...I tried to give him away...nobody wanted him. I took him home and my wife and I fell in love with him. We named hime SYK (ShipYard Kat). He grew up and loved us and our family for 13 years...He had a unique personality and was an Alpha Male. He loved our home, us, and was our protector. We lost him to cancer, in February. He was unique and a Maine Coon...In summary, please consider and adoption/rescue. You will be rewarded many times over! Here's a photo of my Buddy, SYK. I miss him...

22FCB743-8FEE-4094-AED4-223267395A3F_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
So, I worked at one the greatest Shipyards in the U.S., Newport News Shipbuilding, for 40 years as a Software Engineer. 13 years ago, I dropped my wife off in the North Yard (she worked their as well). On my way out early in the morning after stormy night, I saw a black spot moving in the road. I stopped and discovered a small kitten...I took him to work and put him in a box...I tried to give him away...nobody wanted him. I took him home and my wife and I fell in love with him. We named hime SYK (ShipYard Kat). He grew up and loved us and our family for 13 years...He had a unique personality and was an Alpha Male. He loved our home, us, and was our protector. We lost him to cancer, in February. He was unique and a Maine Coon...In summary, please consider and adoption/rescue. You will be rewarded many times over! Here's a photo of my Buddy, SYK. I miss him...

View attachment 66688

I hear you. I have rescued several animals in my lifetime.3 cats actually.
I bought a boxer pup once that came from “trash”. When we went to the location that was selling the pups , my wife said “OMG , where the hell are we ?”
We felt so bad to leave the pup there , that we bought him.
My son just wanted this particular breed of cat. I didn’t realize it was such a scammers paradise. I was back online a little while ago and came upon 4 more scammer Maine Coon sites. They are all similar. This place messaged her a picture of the kitten he just took. Then he emailed a video of the kitten after that. Good stuff.
I’m posting this story to help others be aware.

So, I worked at one the greatest Shipyards in the U.S., Newport News Shipbuilding, for 40 years as a Software Engineer. 13 years ago, I dropped my wife off in the North Yard (she worked their as well). On my way out early in the morning after stormy night, I saw a black spot moving in the road. I stopped and discovered a small kitten...I took him to work and put him in a box...I tried to give him away...nobody wanted him. I took him home and my wife and I fell in love with him. We named hime SYK (ShipYard Kat). He grew up and loved us and our family for 13 years...He had a unique personality and was an Alpha Male. He loved our home, us, and was our protector. We lost him to cancer, in February. He was unique and a Maine Coon...In summary, please consider and adoption/rescue. You will be rewarded many times over! Here's a photo of my Buddy, SYK. I miss him...

View attachment 66688

Black cats rule!

My parents once bought a pedigree dog, an English Basset hound. A lovable creature, but it turned out the poor animal was riddled with genetic defects. Hernia, rashes on its skin, a severe wool allergy. We had to remove our carpets for a wooden floor. Later we found out other dogs of the same litter had the same defects. Pedigree animals are just too much of a risk if you ask me. And that was before internet scams. If you want one, try to find a local breeder, and always check them out.

We have two papered Maine Coons in our family. Great cats. You are correct, going rate for a papered Maine Coon is $1,500. That does not include breeding rights. If you want to show the cat, it needs to be intact which means you need to purchase breeding rights when you get the cat. Breeding rights are not cheap.

It sucks this happened to you. Don’t let this turn you off of the breed. Maine Coons are very people oriented. Gandalf the Grey is laying next to me as I write this. He is pawing at my iPad wanting me to pay attention to him. Our other Maine Coon, Misty is curled up around my wife’s feet. They are an affectionate, vocal, and “present” breed. Word of warning: close your toilet lids if you get one... or make sure you always flush. THEY LIKE WATER! They also need to be bathed about monthly as part of their coat maintenance, but for some reason while they will frolick in the toilet, they just want to get away while being bathed.

qLBukuC.jpg

Gandalf the Grey - 8 months old - 10 lbs

8vOIPyA.jpg

Mystic Moon Shadow - 3 years old - 18 lbs

Last edited:
Wow, those are beautiful! My mother in law has a Maine coon that she adopted from a local shelter, and he is just one of the sweetest cats I’ve ever seen. A gentle giant! So sorry to hear about the scam websites, but I’m glad to know about them!

We have two papered Maine Coons in our family. Great cats. You are correct, going rate for a papered Maine Coon is $1,500. That does not include breeding rights. If you want to show the cat, it needs to be intact which means you need to purchase breeding rights when you get the cat. Breeding rights are not cheap.

It sucks this happened to you. Don’t let this turn you off of the breed. Maine Coons are very people oriented. Gandalf the Grey is laying next to me as I write this. He is pawing at my iPad wanting me to pay attention to him. Our other Maine Coon, Misty is curled up around my wife’s feet. They are an affectionate, vocal, and “present” breed. Word of warning: close your toilet lids if you get one... or make sure you always flush. THEY LIKE WATER! They also need to be bathed about monthly as part of their coat maintenance, but for some reason while they will frolick in the toilet, they just want to get away while being bathed.

qLBukuC.jpg

Gandalf the Grey - 8 months old - 10 lbs

8vOIPyA.jpg

Mystic Moon Shadow - 3 years old - 18 lbs

Great looking cats. We found a breeder , who knew a breeder , who knew a breeder - that had a litter with kittens that were 9 weeks old. We will be picking it up May 16th. He’s orange. Polydactyl.

You are lucky, i was scammed trying to find red boy polydactyl. I lost all my money and shipping money. They were part of it. Said i had to pay 1580.00 for a crate. I want to try again, i have, but i stop when they get to shipping, no more money. Hell be there same day. I cant get past, not beli3ving them. The bank these scammers used, says they refund money, if any one has been scammed and the bank was involved. Yahoo, ill get my money back from breeder and shipping co. Ive mailed this bank 10 times, i have yet to hear a thing. So, i guess banks can play the game too.
You are very lucky, and kitty is beautiful.

I got my last cat through Craigslist. She’s great. Your kid likely doesn’t care what kind of cat it is, so why spend the money? Find a kitten, pay like a hundred bucks for a really good one, and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom