FM3 Now Shipping

Sorry this is long.

I’ve lived in Japan for near 27 years, where the smallest noise is liable to have psycho neighbors calling for your blood, and have everyone take their side. I have been very blessed to have nice neighbors, and try not to play at a time and/or at a volume that would flip people out.

I had and AX8: had the Kemper first, and after the AX8 the HX Stomp, and while they had VERY different functions and purposes, for me they didn’t hold a card to Fractal’s AX8: the sounds and tweaking were great for me. I’m not recording or anything, just jamming out and love great sounds, and FAS nails them for me.

i took the full, (perhaps in many of your minds insane) dive and got one off Reverb. Yeah it cost a pretty penny (yen), and every warranty will be voided: I took the risk and thus canmt blame anyone but myself for my lack of patience. My reason is below.

An AXE FX III is close to 4k here; an FC6 is $930. The advertised price from music shops here last year for the FM3 was already at $1650 USD (import taxes are very, very expensive for US made instruments here) and now given the jack issue, the pandemic.....the delay will be much, much longer than in the US. I got one for a tad less from a very reputable dealer, and unless FAS knows something we don’t, I have faith the instrument is gonna be fine.

I’ll be glad when it gets here and think I’ll live without a jack (just can’t let the neighbors kill me). Will let you all know: best wishes please!
You can easily attach an inexpensive headphone amp to either the Spdif Or USB out or one of the analog outputs, works and sounds great, and if you have headphones with the proper impedance and cords you can plug your headphone straight into the outs. Worth it!

You can easily attach an inexpensive headphone amp to either the Spdif Or USB out or one of the analog outputs, works and sounds great, and if you have headphones with the proper impedance and cords you can plug your headphone straight into the outs. Worth it!

Thank you: what’s an SDPDIF?

I have a Phil Jones Bass Headphones Amp I have used for years for bass...it is said to work with everything.

So a mixer isn’t needed to play through my iLouds or to use for headphones?

Yeah. The S/PDIF option is what I'm planning use if I end up with the no-headphones version (though may do that regardless). I have a small equipment rack with an Avid Elevenrack that I'll likely continue to use for regular practicing. I'll just run the FM3 into that if I want to leverage those tones or tweak stuff.

Having said that, I'm so far back on the waitlist, it's probably not worth thinking about. ;)

This is your time, Fractal. This $1000 can be all yours. May 28th let's do this

patiently waiting

hurry I have a dry cough
It’s kinda weird it’s been crickets since last Thursday. I’m May 18th so I was honestly expecting an invite on Friday. The suspense is killing me😉

It’s kinda weird it’s been crickets since last Thursday. I’m May 18th so I was honestly expecting an invite on Friday. The suspense is killing me😉
Even though I am further down the list than you, I have also been watching this thread with great anticipation to see if the advance last week from 5/1 to 5/9 in only one day is an anomaly or is the new norm. I had anticipated being a few months away from an invite, but if that turns out to be the new pace, I might only have to wait a couple of weeks!

The hopeful side of me wonders if the silence is because they started getting the Headphone in units and have to change gears?

I was wondering the same thing but I’d rather save the $50, I don’t need a headphone jack.
Yeah I get it, but I'm mildly O.C.D and knowing that feature wasn't there might drive me nuts, however I might still go for it if i get an invite for the non headphone unit because I have a couple of other modelers and I've only used the headphones a couple of times, and don't want to wait any longer...on a side note when I saw the email from your reply from Fractal Audio Systems my heart almost jumped out of my chest :p

Yeah I get it, but I'm mildly O.C.D and knowing that feature wasn't there might drive me nuts, however I might still go for it if i get an invite for the non headphone unit because I have a couple of other modelers and I've only used the headphones a couple of times, and don't want to wait any longer...on a side note when I saw the email from your reply from Fractal Audio Systems my heart almost jumped out of my chest :p
Hahaha sorry bout that.

We all did. sigh We all did

So I got on the waitlist April 5, 2020. I’m guessing I should probably check back in a year or so? Sold my Axefx II and now have nothing. I had no clue how these waitlists work 😬😩😔

Back
Top Bottom