• BOTH and i like xitone more

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Both and i like atomic more

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Who cares

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never tried Atomic, but Xitone stuff is fantastic. Mic can customize any one of his designs to meet your needs, whether it's different dimensions, colors, ect. I've had a chance to see the new shop recently and I plan on ordering an MBritt before the end of the year. Also those things are built like absolute tanks.

I haven't tried the Xitone but have heard great things about them. The only downside I have seen on the CLR's is the finish is kind of delicate & their current lack of availability. They are one of the few that truly are FRFR, full range FLAT RESPONSE. I would love to try the 2 side by side but after years of complete satisfaction with the CLR's it's not something I would go out of my way to make happen. If a freind had them & offered to bring them over, heck yes!

I owned the CLR NEO and i loved it....but i think i want to try something different this time
Xitone seems like the obvious choice
It’s NEAR FRFR, i mean from what i understand,its pseudo FRFR, almost the same, especially with some bi lateral circuitry

Have both a pair of CLR Neo's and a Xitone Mbritt. Sadly my Xitone never gets played anymore. Had an issue where I was running both at a pretty large show, CLR in front of me, Xitone behind which was glorious together. I lost a feed to the CLR for the show(long story), and relied on the Xitone in panic (which sounds good) and I could not get enough Volume out of the Xitone on a large stage to hear it well enough. It was a rough set... I have one of the first ones, perhaps they are better(louder) now. So I'm sort of gun-shy to use it again. It does sound good at home or rehearsal in a small room though. However one CLR alone can rip your head off if you want it to, on any stage and it just sounds amazing and cab like to me, with a proper preset. Two CLR's in stereo is stunning..... Throw a real cab in the mix with CLR's and lookout... That's my goto now -one or two CLR's with touch of real cab if possible...

Love my CLR Neo pair. I can use them as a PA in my studio (fly them on poles). They sound great as studio recording/mixing monitors as well as output for the Axe III.

One thing to note is I put myself on the waitlist for the Atomics around the 22nd of February of this year. Haven't heard a peep from Atomic since. I'm going to look very hard at the Xitones going forward. Being on a waitlist for close to 6 months with absolutely no communication is lame.

One thing to note is I put myself on the waitlist for the Atomics around the 22nd of February of this year. Haven't heard a peep from Atomic since. I'm going to look very hard at the Xitones going forward. Being on a waitlist for close to 6 months with absolutely no communication is lame.
I have seen a post or 2 on TGP about it. They are having the same issue as others with a world wide shortage of parts. Fractal is having the same problem but maybe not to the same extent depending on exactly which parts they use.
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/28837107/

It’s NEAR FRFR, i mean from what i understand,its pseudo FRFR, almost the same, especially with some bi lateral circuitry
Can you elaborate?

I don't think the Xitones are any less "FRFR" than any of the other popular cabs using that label.

I would hands down take the Xitone for build quality and durability over ANY other choice I have encountered... And Mic is great with customer service.

Every single used CLR I have seen has finish damage. They are not road worthy in that regard.

I have also not compared CLRs side by side with anything else. Would like to do that...

Also, AccuGroove Latte cabs are excellent.

Can you elaborate?

I don't think the Xitones are any less "FRFR" than any of the other popular cabs using that label.

I would hands down take the Xitone for build quality and durability over ANY other choice I have encountered... And Mic is great with customer service.

Every single used CLR I have seen has finish damage. They are not road worthy in that regard.

I have also not compared CLRs side by side with anything else. Would like to do that...

Also, AccuGroove Latte cabs are excellent.
I've had 4 CLR's, still have 2. They are built like a tank except for the finish, ie the black paint. That is what is delicate, not the construction of the cabinet at all. Tolex is not exactly bullet proof either but I don't hear anyone saying Marshalls or Fenders are not road worthy.

Feb 23rd here. "CLR List Form Submission Received" email is the only communication. It is disappointing it's taking so long, but it is what it is. Got an F12-X200 in today, so that will be an interesting distraction during the wait.

I've had 4 CLR's, still have 2. They are built like a tank except for the finish, ie the black paint. That is what is delicate, not the construction of the cabinet at all. Tolex is not exactly bullet proof either but I don't hear anyone saying Marshalls or Fenders are not road worthy.
Note that I said "in that regard" referring to the finish.

Note that I said "in that regard" referring to the finish.
And you could say the exact same thing about any cab that has tolex but nobody is. Just an observation. I agree it's a delicate finish but since they have had this finish from day 1 and knowing what I know about Jay Mitchell, I'm guessing there is a very sound reason for using this finish.

I’m telling you as a CLR owner, the build quality wasnt what i expected when i opened my CLR Neo I.....which is why wheni heard Xitone first impression is its tank like quality made me want it more

I've been gigging CLR's for at least 5 years (I switched whenever Scott Peterson reviewed them, so you can check my math) and mine have held up great. Been using an additional two on top of KW181 for our mains for the last 2 years. They aren't flimsy cabs.

Guys, I’m not saying CLR isnt quality...it is,,,, i was ABOUT to buy a second one......its just what im saying is, after my experience, MINE, I wanted something where i dont feel like if i move it too hard, i may crack the corner (which is what happened ,,,,,,,,)
What we are saying is your experience might be an anomaly, not the norm. I bought mine when the first came out (non neo version) sent them in to get converted to neo & had them until earlier this year. No issues at all. I do have to wonder why more cab builders don't use the truck bed lining. There must be a good reason because Xitone is the only one I know of.

Back
Top Bottom