• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

New to Fractal

MedievalMaestro

Hi,
I'm new to Fractal and I'm thinking about purchasing the Axe-FX III. I have the new AXE I/O DAW interface and I would like to use it with the FX-III. My question is how do I connect it to the DAW? Also, I see a lot of people get rack cabinets and other accessories for their FX. What else would I need with it? I play mostly Metal and it's going to be used in my home studio. Also I'm thinking about upgrading my Monitors.

Thanks

You can either replace the AXE I/O with the III or you can run the IIIs analog outputs into AXE I/O. Or, if you're on a Mac, you can make an aggregate device out of the AXE I/O and the III. Many options...
Aggregate device sounds this way I can use both. Would I still need to plug into the AXE I/O or just use a usb into my Mac from the FX? Thanks for the info

Regarding monitors...I currently use the AXEFX3 for direct recording only. In the past I had a pair of M-Audio BX5 monitors which were adequate. I upgraded to Yamaha HS7 monitors and it made all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom