EV-2 Not Going to 100?

Jzbass25

I recently got an EV-2 for my new axe fx 3 and it’s great so far. However, even after trying to calibrate multiple times, my pedal’s value is hovering around 98-99 on toe down. I say 98-99 because the value jumps around in a small range. Looking at the adc value it looks to be going between 1007 and 1012, I assume this goes up to 1024?

Also, I noticed my pedal 2 adc value is at 98% despite having nothing connected and if I switch my ev-2 to use the pedal 2 plug my maximum value is 98%. Unplugging pedal 1 also jumps to its maximum value of 98-99%.

This issue honestly wouldn’t have bothered me if it weren’t for pitch blocks where I can hear the note is slightly flat.

Any help?

I recently got an EV-2 for my new axe fx 3 and it’s great so far. However, even after trying to calibrate multiple times, my pedal’s value is hovering around 98-99 on toe down. I say 98-99 because the value jumps around in a small range. Looking at the adc value it looks to be going between 1007 and 1012, I assume this goes up to 1024?

Also, I noticed my pedal 2 adc value is at 98% despite having nothing connected and if I switch my ev-2 to use the pedal 2 plug my maximum value is 98%. Unplugging pedal 1 also jumps to its maximum value of 98-99%.

This issue honestly wouldn’t have bothered me if it weren’t for pitch blocks where I can hear the note is slightly flat.

Any help?
calibrate the pedal. that's why the function exists. this will tell the Axe that "98 = 100" and your blocks will function correctly. the pedal will always show it's actual number, so you'll still see 98. but that's how it works for all pedals.

calibrate the pedal. that's why the function exists. this will tell the Axe that "98 = 100" and your blocks will function correctly. the pedal will always show it's actual number, so you'll still see 98. but that's how it works for all pedals.

I have calibrated the pedal, it tells me to go through the full range of motion (the manual says several times) which I do and then I press enter. Nothing changes on the adc page when doing that, does the calibration only affect the modifier? In the modifier page I can see the value very slightly jumping near what looks to be 100

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding. I did notice calibration caused a change on my heel down since previously I could hear the pitch difference when it bypassed

Edit: I just reread your post, idk how I missed it but you answered my question. So I might need to run another calibration to make sure 100 is on the money

Last edited:
I have calibrated the pedal, it tells me to go through the full range of motion (the manual says several times) which I do and then I press enter. Nothing changes on the adc page when doing that, does the calibration only affect the modifier? In the modifier page I can see the value very slightly jumping near what looks to be 100

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding. I did notice calibration caused a change on my heel down since previously I could hear the pitch difference when it bypassed
that should be correct.

again, the values in the Calibration screen and the ADC screen show the actual values reported by the pedal. the Calibration process tells the Axe "interpret 98 as if it was 100."

so try the calibration again. i use an EV2, calibrate it, and it works perfectly.

If it's still not reaching 100% on the modifier you can increase the "scale" parameter slightly. Or, try calibrating again and (during calibration only) use something to stop the pedal just short of full toe-down position.

that should be correct.

again, the values in the Calibration screen and the ADC screen show the actual values reported by the pedal. the Calibration process tells the Axe "interpret 98 as if it was 100."

so try the calibration again. i use an EV2, calibrate it, and it works perfectly.

Thanks, I was just confusing myself with the ADC page but I should have realized that the calibration was working that way. I just need to calibrate again since my modifier graph is showing a bit of movement at 100. Can I blame my migraine instead of me being stupid? lol

Edit: Yeah just recalibrated and I can't hear any pitch difference at toe down

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom