NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
Violin & Cello Patch

Scene 1: Violin
2: Cello
3: Violin with multi-tap delay
4: Cello with multi-tap delay
5: Violin voicing variation

The patch and ir: (be sure to point channel 1 cab slot one to the user cab location you load the ir)

Attachments

• Neo Cello & Violin.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 344
  • U1-0018_Cello_Body-mix.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 359
Violin & Cello Patch

Scene 1: Violin
2: Cello
3: Violin with multi-tap delay
4: Cello with multi-tap delay
5: Violin voicing variation

The patch and ir: (be sure to point channel 1 cab slot one to the user cab location you load the ir)

Thank you so much!

@NeoSound : This is killer! Your violin tone is wonderful. The cello tone is getting there, but I think it could use a little more low-end resonance. Try peaks at 110 Hz and 145 Hz as a starting point; adjust to taste.

@NeoSound : This is killer! Your violin tone is wonderful. The cello tone is getting there, but I think it could use a little more low-end resonance. Try peaks at 110 Hz and 145 Hz as a starting point; adjust to taste.

Had an additional ir mixed with the cello that improved its sound but disabled it for the violin. I ended up removing it to simplify the patch. It's very tricky to get the cello right and not have a phasey synthy sound.

Put this is cab slot 2 and set level to -2db +/-. Disable on violin scenes.

Attachments

• U1-0004_cello_long.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 200
A neat little trick I discovered when experimenting with the first violin patch is mixing irs. It has more effect than tweaking the synth in many ways. The ir in the OP was 4 irs mixed in cab lab that had first been mixed in the cab block. I just set the levels the same in cab lab and blended to a single ir. The cab block is awesome. :)

Very cool! I agree with Rex on the cello. I think the violin (number 1) sounded spot on and amazing. Nice work. Will have to try this sometime and play a bit. Thank you for sharing.

I grew up listening to classical music and upon playing this patch I thought to myself it’s...........violin-ish and will work.

However, at rehearsal last night in the mix, it was awesome and I was very pleased.

Again big thanks Neo!

This sounds awesome
Had the old patch and actually
Used it in studio
Question as I have not looked at this one yet
Have you tried Cliffs new Auto swell
That was added in the last firmware
Auto swell effects to me have always been very helpful to get that slow gradual fade in

I am guessing you would normally use a volume pedal to swell up

This sounds awesome
Had the old patch and actually
Used it in studio
Question as I have not looked at this one yet
Have you tried Cliffs new Auto swell
That was added in the last firmware
Auto swell effects to me have always been very helpful to get that slow gradual fade in

I am guessing you would normally use a volume pedal to swell up

increase attack time on the 3 voices in the synth block for a more gradual fade in

Had an additional ir mixed with the cello that improved its sound but disabled it for the violin. I ended up removing it to simplify the patch. It's very tricky to get the cello right and not have a phasey synthy sound.

Put this is cab slot 2 and set level to -2db +/-. Disable on violin scenes.
This cab definitely ups the tone of the cello scenes.

i tried the preset but didnt like,maybe i did something wrong but im not getting a good sound like on the audio sample

Back
Top Bottom