New to Fractal - What studio monitors are people using for home use?

Don't skimp on monitors. I personally use Event Opals but they're no longer made and Event seems to have abandoned the high-end market.
yes, and unfortunately, Event has not updated its web site and is badly misleading about availability, dealers, etc....

Gemini 2 2x12 coaxial, Xitone MBritt open/closed back convertible 1x12 coaxial, Line 6 PowerCab Plus, JBL EON615's

I have a pair of Genelec 8040As hooked up to my main recording rig.and a pair of Genelec M030s for my practice mixer setup. For rehearsal and live use - Atomic CLRs and RCF ART-708.

I really don’t think there are bad monitors on the market these days. I’ve got friends with lower end JBL’s, Truths etc and they still sound darn good overall. My monitors don’t really sound 5x better even though I paid 5x as much.

You obviously do get what you paid for still, but a $99 on sale JBL 305 still will work really well and be great bang for the buck.

We’ve come such a long ways since early project studios and home DAW’s where most of is were using home stereo speakers or PC gaming speakers, neither of which were remotely accurate.

I could swap my Scepters for Mackies, Adams, etc and still be perfectly happy. Nothing really bad on the market I’ve come across.

Equator D8 MkII ... and a pair of Yamaha DXR10's.

Equator seems to have "left the web"? :confused: - but are still being sold through Thomann and others.

As others has said - don't skimp on your speakers. But ... even more important ... don't skimp on your studios acoustic treatment!

Look around in this forum.

Like others have said. Don't skimp. I use HS8's which work great for me, but I would be doing the Adam A8X if I had to do it all over.

Match your monitors to your need and space. If you play at late night volume in a small room, your not going to want a higher power 8” unit, at least without significant room treatment

Want to position near walls due to space? Avoid soemthing rear ported, likewise corners

Have a big room, desk in the middle of the room, acoustically treated ? Get a nice mid-field pair of you can swing it, and/or a sub

I had the original hr824’s with passive radiator in a 8x10 room for a while, so boomy as essentially the whole little room was a corner. Totally poor choice for the space.

Match your budget, your room, and your needs. Bigger isn’t always better when it comes to monitors

NHTPro M-00 and it's subwoofer S-00. Powered monitors. They don't make them any more. But I'm really happy with them. I have a recording studio. My secondary pair of monitors is the old EV Sentry 100-A.

I had Neumann KH120's for many years and they were great. After one needed repairs I recently switched to Genelec 8320's and they are fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom