FC-6/12 question

SimpleSi

Contemplating whether or not I should be spending the extra $$ for 6 more buttons.

I see on the back of the FC's it has "switch 1+2, 3+4"

is this a TRS input - meaning I could use an external 2 button pedal to use for Bank up/down etc or preset/scene up/down

12 buttons seems like almost too many.

My old pedalboard setup had a Boss ES-8, I probably only used 4-5 buttons for presets, and then bank up/down, tuner/mute buttons

Contemplating whether or not I should be spending the extra $$ for 6 more buttons.

I see on the back of the FC's it has "switch 1+2, 3+4"

is this a TRS input - meaning I could use an external 2 button pedal to use for Bank up/down etc or preset/scene up/down

12 buttons seems like almost too many.

My old pedalboard setup had a Boss ES-8, I probably only used 4-5 buttons for presets, and then bank up/down, tuner/mute buttons
Yes... Similar to MFC-101.

I am resistant to disclosing too much information about the product before it has been released, but I am seeing too much misinformation about the above. At present, the only possible use for the External Pedals is as modifier sources or to trigger the global remote functions in the MIDI/REMOTE menu. There may be more to say about this later, but see the first sentence in this paragraph.

I am resistant to disclosing too much information about the product before it has been released, but I am seeing too much misinformation about the above. At present, the only possible use for the External Pedals is as modifier sources or to trigger the global remote functions in the MIDI/REMOTE menu. There may be more to say about this later, but see the first sentence in this paragraph.
I apologize for any confusion my reply might have caused.

I was really responding to the part about being able to use 2 button switches with a TRS connection.

What functions can be assigned is only an assumption on my part...

Not to be a smarta$$, (really) but if these bad boys are slated to ship any day now I would think Fractal would be POURING out as much info on these as possible.
Surely the functionality of these units are all but sealed up at this point.

Not to be a smarta$$, (really) but if these bad boys are slated to ship any day now I would think Fractal would be POURING out as much info on these as possible.

Was thinking the same and my pessimistic devil whispering "delay" in my ear... fingers crossed I am brutally wrong (or rather my pessimistic devil)

I’m definitely getting the fc12. I can always find use for the extra buttons. Especially for such a small difference in price. But i can see how some may not want the extra real estate on the floor. If 6 buttons is all you need, the small fc6 compact pedal would be great.

FC12 here also. I can see that the FC6 would be all I need 70% of time but more is more :) I may even get a FC6 later for a more portable option at times.

I see myself going for the FC6. When I had the MFC101 with my AF2, I ended up using just 3 or 4 switches. Typically my gig presets had 3 scenes plus I used preset up/down (bank size =1). Oh yeah, and the tuner on/off. The last thing I want to do is go ‘tap dancing’ while playing!

I'm thinking the 12 myself, but that's because I think I need to have preset up/down, tuner, tap tempo, about 4 or 5 scenes, the looper and several effect on off, for delay, drives, trem, etc. That's about 12 switches already. But it seems like the FCs will be able to page through stuff so you could have a home page that allows you to jump to a new page that reconfigures all the switches, so you can have a page setup that has 2 scenes, 9 effects and a home button, or a page that has 11 effects and a home switch, or whatever. I'd guess you'd need the "home" switch on all pages, but I think you can also have an entire new setup with each preset, like the AX8. Maybe you can change the FC layout with each scene. Only a few days left until we find out. Cool.

Maybe because the “brains” of the FCxs are in the AxeIII in SW; not in the FC itself. Therefore FAS has to decide on the code freeze feature set and what can/should be deferred to future updates. That may not be settled until right before ship date.

Just relax; FAS doesn’t make bad/shitty products. Have some faith that they will be world-class like all their other products.

I see where your logic is coming from here, but in my opinion, Fractal’s biggest and best form of advertising has been word of mouth, and that has always been bolstered by releasing solid products without a lot of hype beforehand.

Maybe because the “brains” of the FCxs are in the AxeIII in SW; not in the FC itself. Therefore FAS has to decide on the code freeze feature set and what can/should be deferred to future updates. That may not be settled until right before ship date.

Just relax; FAS doesn’t make bad/shitty products. Have some faith that they will be world-class like all their other products.
I agree about the brains being in the AXE itself. Good point.

And FYI, I'm totally relaxed and never said they make bad products.
And, I have total faith they will be world class. That's why I buy their products.
Not sure where you are going with the second half of your post.

I see where your logic is coming from here, but in my opinion, Fractal’s biggest and best form of advertising has been word of mouth, and that has always been bolstered by releasing solid products without a lot of hype beforehand.

I agree with you about word of mouth advertising.

BUT, there is a big difference in product features and hype. I don't wan't any hype. I just like to know as much about a product as possible that I've (and everyone else) been patiently waiting on. That's all.
Cheers!

I agree about the brains being in the AXE itself. Good point.

And FYI, I'm totally relaxed and never said they make bad products.
And, I have total faith they will be world class. That's why I buy their products.
Not sure where you are going with the second half of your post.

My apologies; there have been hundreds if not more of FC posts; edited, merged, put to sleep. I overshot.

Last edited:
@moo cow that at 'Doc or an Artinger or other in your signature picture and is it yours? :D (I'm going to derail this thread now for the real, important Phish-related talk that needs to happen. It's my super power after all...)

Back
Top Bottom