External switch question

marc0810

Inspired
Question for all the more experienced people: Currently I have my external expression pedal (mission sp1) set up to control wah when I depress the switch, however there is one preset (in a funk) that I want the wah to come on as soon as I switch to that preset, it keeps staying disengaged until I press the switch is there a way to work around this or do I need to unassign the switch from the wah?

You should try using the Auto Engage (try Fast Pos) and PC Reset = On for the Control modifier on the Wah block. Doing it this way eliminates the need for actually using a switch to enable the wah, because as soon as you start moving the pedal then the wah will switch on automatically.

EDIT: The method I explained above is my suggested work around which might actually be better for you, so give it a try.

Alternatively (if that doesn't suit your workflow), if you want the wah engaged as soon as you switch to that preset then in that preset you need to remove any modifiers that enable the wah, and save the preset with the wah block enabled. Any other presets that use the wah modifier will not be affected (unless if it's a global block).

You should try using the Auto Engage (try Fast Pos) and PC Reset = On for the Control modifier on the Wah block. Doing it this way eliminates the need for actually using a switch to enable the wah, because as soon as you start moving the pedal then the wah will switch on automatically.

EDIT: The method I explained above is my suggested work around which might actually be better for you, so give it a try.

Alternatively (if that doesn't suit your workflow), if you want the wah engaged as soon as you switch to that preset then in that preset you need to remove any modifiers that enable the wah, and save the preset with the wah block enabled. Any other presets that use the wah modifier will not be affected (unless if it's a global block).
The second half of your response is what I was looking for, thank you. I will set up tonight and see if it solves my issue.

Back
Top Bottom