Free Mesa 2x12 mix IR

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I'm getting the itch to create a new Cab Pack, so I sent a few test shots of various cabs to Fractal legend, Leon @2112 to get some feedback. This cab became one of the top choices and he was kind enough to sneak it into his 9.03 to 9.04 comparison video as the IR used for the IIC++. I made some slight mix adjustments and thought it turned out really cool and wanted to share it with you all. Let me know what you think.
Enjoy!

-Justin

Attachments

• YA RECTO 212 57121 FREE.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 999
NO B.S.....this thing is freakin AWESOME, sir...just got lost in a Who Live at Leeds Summmertime Blues wank with my self and my “Black Bitch” Indie Les paul with Suhr Aldrich pups (thanks yet again for the inspiration for the axe Tony( @Black Bitch ) , with a Recto red vintage at dead stock settings and a Hiwatt Brillliant fully cranked (at 9.04 of course).with this IR..jaw dropping fun. Thanks Justin!

NO B.S.....this thing is freakin AWESOME, sir...just got lost in a Who Live at Leeds Summmertime Blues wank with my self and my “Black Bitch” Indie Les paul with Suhr Aldrich pups (thanks yet again for the inspiration for the axe Tony( @Black Bitch ) , with a Recto red vintage at dead stock settings and a Hiwatt Brillliant fully cranked (at 9.04 of course).with this IR..jaw dropping fun. Thanks Justin!

Thanks a lot, Brad! I love hearing that it landed for you right out of the gate. That's incredibly encouraging. I keep forgetting about the Hiwatt and desperately need to check that thing out.

Still hoping for a cabpack of those blackbacks, but I'll definitely be giving this one a go too

I'll get around to that cab eventually. I've loved the clips you've posted with it and always enjoy hearing your work. That cab is a tricky one, so it's going to take me some time. I'll end up getting that cab back in a month or so. I've got a week before we head out again and think it would be fun to shoot something and the Mesa 2x12 seemed like something fun and familiar to try.

Love your last pack!!! Looking forward to having a play with this

Thank you very much! It's in the same ballpark as the Bipolar Recto, but given that it's a 2x12, it's a bit more forward with a little more bite.

What's the driver in the cab?

They're 70 Watt V30's.

As a big fan of the Bipolar Cab Pack this IR fits really well into my rig. I've tweaked my C++ preset ever so slightly to work best with it (as heard in the firmware comparison vid) and attached it here for anyone who wants to get up and going with it. Engage the fat switch for singing leads or leave it off for tight hard rock/metal tone.

Attachments

• LT C++ 212.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 266
I have to say,being a guitarist who gets stuck in my ways, I have never purchased a 2X12 cab pack because when I was playing analog gear I always used a 4X12, ALWAYS!!!!!
But ya know, free is free, so I downloaded and tried this one, and I have to say, it sounds fantastic! I may be a convert to 2X12. lol I mean it's probably just me looking for an excuse to go out and buy more IRs, but this IR really sounds great.
Thanks for the freebie!

I have to say,being a guitarist who gets stuck in my ways, I have never purchased a 2X12 cab pack because when I was playing analog gear I always used a 4X12, ALWAYS!!!!!
But ya know, free is free, so I downloaded and tried this one, and I have to say, it sounds fantastic! I may be a convert to 2X12. lol I mean it's probably just me looking for an excuse to go out and buy more IRs, but this IR really sounds great.
Thanks for the freebie!

Wow, this was a really cool way to start my Sunday off. Thanks for saying all of that. I've always been a 4x12 fan as well, so I didn't think much about shooting a 2x12. I started making some more mixes and I'm getting very excited about the potential this cab has. I made two more mixes that I think blow this freebie out of the water and can't wait to throw some more mics at it.

Been sick as a dog the last couple days but I finally felt well enough to play today and gave this a go, love the tonal balance and bark you get out of chords

Been sick as a dog the last couple days but I finally felt well enough to play today and gave this a go, love the tonal balance and bark you get out of chords
same here man been sick for the last 2 weeks with bronchitis,sucks feel so tired with no energy to pick up my guitar:mad::mad:

Thank you very much! It's in the same ballpark as the Bipolar Recto, but given that it's a 2x12, it's a bit more forward with a little more bite.
This! Love your Recto pack and you can´t go wrong with 2x12!
2x12 Recto is just killer cab and has so focused tone. And those IRs made from them have that same extra focus when you compare with 4x12 IRs. So this can´t be bad pack :)

Hi Justin,

have tried this free IR - thanks a lot - sounds very good.

Better than the IR´s from your first Cabpack with the 2x12 - the same cab?

It also sounds very good with clean amps - TX clean.

Back
Top Bottom