The Year Of The Axe FX 3. A Huge Year For Fractal Indeed!

nznat

Experienced
Cant Wait! So very interested in the design and specs. Going to make wallet lighter for sure. lol

Who has G.A.S for the Axe FX 3

Wonder what month the release will be!

Last edited:
Cant Wait! So very interested in the design and specs. Going to make wallet lighter for sure. lol

Who has G.A.S for the Axe FX 3

Wonder what month the release will be!

Your best off first trying to guess what year.

Not sure I'd count on it , negativity not intended. I don't see the XL+ running out of possibilities at all at this point!
Would be sweet though!

Not sure I'd count on it , negativity not intended. I don't see the XL+ running out of possibilities at all at this point!
Would be sweet though!

So true. Love my XL+ and CLR Wedge. But a company has to keep the graph at least going upwards to be able to feed the kids. lol

It would be sweet though, is a very true statement. Revisions of the Axe are always cool

So true. Love my XL+ and CLR Wedge. But a company has to keep the graph at least going upwards to be able to feed the kids. lol

It would be sweet though, is a very true statement. Revisions of the Axe are always cool

Your making the assumption that rolling out a new product would yield the most profitability, even though there is surely a lot of R&D and new production costs which would be associated with such a product. For all any of us know, Fractal actually might make a far better profit selling existing products, with already well sourced out production, on a product like the AX8 selling at a historically high volume thanks to the "sale" or permanent price drop.

Its simple economics, but we don't know any of the details.

Why roll out a brand new product to make X dollars, when you could drop the price of your current products, sell more, and make X+20%, without the risks of new production, being able to clear out inventory etc. Historically, it only makes sense to roll out new technology when current sales have leveled off, or a competitive advantage has been lost.

Current Fractal products are still class leading, and its doubtful that will change any time soon. If and when someone comes out with a true competitor down the road, then and only then should Fractal launch a waiting in the wings product to once again trump the entire industry.

Then again, I doubt anyone's "wants" have anything to do with Fractals bottom line or best business decisions, we simply want a new toy to play with, and we want it now, because dreaming of new stuff is often more fun that actually playing with what we've got.

That holds true if your 5 years old or 55 years old lol

Your making the assumption that rolling out a new product would yield the most profitability, even though there is surely a lot of R&D and new production costs which would be associated with such a product. For all any of us know, Fractal actually might make a far better profit selling existing products, with already well sourced out production, on a product like the AX8 selling at a historically high volume thanks to the "sale" or permanent price drop.

Its simple economics, but we don't know any of the details.

Why roll out a brand new product to make X dollars, when you could drop the price of your current products, sell more, and make X+20%, without the risks of new production, being able to clear out inventory etc. Historically, it only makes sense to roll out new technology when current sales have leveled off, or a competitive advantage has been lost.

Current Fractal products are still class leading, and its doubtful that will change any time soon. If and when someone comes out with a true competitor down the road, then and only then should Fractal launch a waiting in the wings product to once again trump the entire industry.

Then again, I doubt anyone's "wants" have anything to do with Fractals bottom line or best business decisions, we simply want a new toy to play with, and we want it now, because dreaming of new stuff is often more fun that actually playing with what we've got.

That holds true if your 5 years old or 55 years old lol

BEST QUOTES for your reply:
we simply want a new toy to play with - ABSOLUTELY!
we don't know any of the details - so true = anticipation. G.A S

yeah - don't hold your breath for a 3...
again - the load box was actually officially announced like a year ago - its still not out yet...
I'm not complaining - just saying from concept to release - things ( especially something as complex as the axe) take a LOT of time...
I'm quite happy with the XL and all the work they do with the updates - Honestly I would rather see a new foot controller or something..

AxeFx XL+II
A12x XL+
Maybe an all in one solution.
AxeFx XL+ with a power amp and speaker = AmpFx A8x+
:D

Last edited:
My prediction: Fractal cookies.
Fractal_cookies_so_yeah.jpg

Back
Top Bottom