Xotic BB Preamp AT

Screen_Shot_2017_12_14_at_10_30_24_PM_copy.png

I really love my Xotic BB Preamp Andy Timmons signature, so I tried to replicate it with the drive block on the Axe-Fx II.
Strangely, I find that the BB Pre on the axe can't get close to the real pedal (maybe because mine is the Andy Timmons signature model, there must be some tonal differences), so I tweaked it by ear and IMO the closest one is the Super OD model on the drive block.

Here's the comparison between the Super OD and real BB Preamp AT Pedal:

Amp model used is mesa lonestar on the clean channel, all knobs at noon on the pedal.
How do you think, is it close enough? Can you guess which one is the real pedal?
Any input is really appreciated :)

EDIT:
Ownhammer 2x12 Rectifier IRs are required for the preset used on the clip above.
The following clip is my other preset with stock IRs, using the same drive block (Super OD):

the preset is attached on this post
Scene 1: Clean + compressor, chorus
Scene 2: BB Preamp to lonestar
Scene 3: Clean & loud plexi, less spongy than the lonestar
Scene 4: Tube Driver to Lonestar
Delay always on, guitar used was Ibanez AT300, if you're using a strat it should translate well to your rig

Attachments

• Lonestar Plexi BB.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
I have found that ALL of the drives and fuzzes are much more responsive and accurate sounding with the recent FW upgrade.

I really love my Xotic BB Preamp Andy Timmons signature, so I tried to replicate it with the drive block on the Axe-Fx II.
Strangely, I find that the BB Pre on the axe can't get close to the real pedal (maybe because mine is the Andy Timmons signature model, there must be some tonal differences), so I tweaked it by ear and IMO the closest one is the Super OD model on the drive block.

Here is my settings for BB Preamp AT sound on the axe-fx ii:

Screen_Shot_2017_12_14_at_9_57_37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_12_14_at_9_58_07_PM.png

Here's the comparison:

Amp model used is mesa lonestar on the clean channel, all knobs at noon on the pedal.
How do you think, is it close enough? Can you guess which one is the real pedal?

Mind sharing the preset?
That sounds really great

Here is my settings for BB Preamp AT sound on the axe-fx ii:

Screen_Shot_2017_12_14_at_9_57_37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_12_14_at_9_58_07_PM.png

Here's the comparison:

What were the corresponding setting on the Pedal ?

Mind sharing the preset?
That sounds really great

sure! but Ownhammer 2x12 Rectifier IRs are required for the preset.
The following clip is my other preset with stock IRs, using the same drive block (Super OD):

Delay always on, guitar used was Ibanez AT300, if you're using a strat it should translate well to your rig

Attachments

• Lonestar Plexi BB.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 96
sure! but Ownhammer 2x12 Rectifier IRs are required for the preset.

Awesome man!
It still sound great, I could never get a good sound with the Lonestar in the Axe, but I haven't played much with it.
Thanks!

Here's the comparison between the Super OD and real BB Preamp AT Pedal:

EDIT:
Ownhammer 2x12 Rectifier IRs are required for the preset used on the clip above.

what is the name of the 2 ownhammer IRs?

Well of course it'll sound utterly terrible to anyone else but here goes...

It's not my "Andy Timmons Tone" it's more myself looking to get a bit of that flavour because every time I hear his tone I think "damn I need a bit O' that"
I'm using a Charvel with JB/59 pickups

This is an entirely unmixed and terribly gain staged example of how I intend to use it. It's quite a change because i'm starting to move away from the metal style lead tone (5153 red, savage) to see if the more bluesy thing can work.

Attachments

• Divided By -13 C Timmons.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom