Okay who's using the FX8 with a Katana?

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
Browsing around, I saw the Katana all over "what amp" threads. I hadn't even bothered to look and then someone said there was a 500(!) page thread on TGP about them. At that point curiosity got the better of me and I checked out a few YouTube videos. Seems pretty impressive overall and that's not even considering the price. I'm sorely tempted to get the head to check it out.

If you're using one, let me (us) know your thoughts on it.

On the clean channel it is. It has a Brown and Lead channel as well (have to read between the lines to figure out what amps the emulate) but the coolest feature is that it is also an Acoustic guitar amp (NOT EMULATOR). What I do is A/B my acoustic and main electric guitar and use it also as my main acoustic amp. With 50W of power and the ability to change volume levels per channel it is extremely versatile. I can just disengage my tube amp from the FX8 by sending everything to the Katana and I'm on full acoustic, change guitar, change scene or patch and back to electric in stereo

On the clean channel it is. It has a Brown and Lead channel as well (have to read between the lines to figure out what amps the emulate) but the coolest feature is that it is also an Acoustic guitar amp (NOT EMULATOR). What I do is A/B my acoustic and main electric guitar and use it also as my main acoustic amp. With 50W of power and the ability to change volume levels per channel it is extremely versatile. I can just disengage my tube amp from the FX8 by sending everything to the Katana and I'm on full acoustic, change guitar, change scene or patch and back to electric in stereo

How can it be any good for acoustic if there's no tweeter?

Back
Top Bottom