Looper Question - Did Anything Change? - Solved - My Bad

Genghis

Power User
Hi all,

Running a 5150 III 50 watt in 4-cable method and I thought at one point I had things set up so that I could record using the looper using a scene for my rhythm channel, playback the scene, then select a scene for my lead channel to play lead over. I thought it would continue playing what was recorded with the sound of my rhythm channel, and I could play lead with the scene for my lead channel. I thought that's what it would do if I had it on Post Out, but now when I switch scenes, the prerecorded loop changes tone as well. I have also tried the other options for looper placement and nothing behaves like I thought it used to.

Am I wrong in what I remember, or am I doing something wrong? I don't use the looper often, so it could just be me.

Yes, just double-checked that and it is set to use Global. The behavior changes when I switch to the pre options, but neither of those give me what I'm looking for. Both Post options seem to give me the same result, and I was thinking that one of them worked previously. Thanks for replying Chris.

can you upload a preset please? i can't check it till later tonight, but maybe someone else can look.

Will do after work. I had a few minutes to check settings when I was on lunch break, but can't fire things up to do that for about 3 hours. Thanks Chris.

Interesting... I have tried to upload the file using different naming conventions... and it fails as a SYSX file or even when I zip it. What is the trick for uploading files here? I see other posts with it.

Oh man, scuze me while I wipe the eff off my face. It was me.

I forgot that last night when I was playing I had the amp loaded down and going through my Torpedo C.A.B. and every time I change channels on that it changes to a different cab... so that is what was changing the tone and making it louder and a bit more mid-heavy (very similar to my tonal change when I kick over to my solo channel, but not exactly the same).

Sorry for the fuss guys.

Back
Top Bottom