How many of you guys use the enhancer block and...

BrickGlass

Inspired
how do you like to use it? Do you use it on rhythm and lead playing? Where do you find it works best in the chain? I'm curious about the enhancer, but I've never dove into it.

I use it on nearly all my presets.
The workflow of my presets is such that I use Output 1 to the Desk/PA & monitors. Output 2 goes to my Matrix power amp and stage cab. In stereo in both cases.
I have the Enhancer placed on Output 1 only, to add some width to the sound coming from the FOH.

I used to use it all the time for embiggening my tones but I've since transferred that job to the Pitch block, where I dial in a Van Halen Balance kind of "non-oscillating chorus" effect instead.

Left pitch +8ct, Right pitch -8ct, mix usually somewhere between 20-30%.

It widens the tone just as much as the Enhancer block, plus it does a better job of collapsing to mono if necessary.

I use stereo cabs and enhancer block on all my presets, I'm not even sure it's necessary to obtain a cool stereo sensation !

I use it for those really wide sounding 80's guitar sounds and funny enough but its great for 90's blacken death metal ala Dissection too.

I use the Enhancer block for all of my rhythm stuff and have it off when using leads. This is particularly useful when looping your own guitar and playing lead over it or in a live setup when using backing tracks etc. It helps create space for TWO guitars so they are not competing in the stereo field, similar to how a MIX is done in recordings etc. Guitar I panned hard right and hard left, guitar II lead in the center, or 20/20 or something. I wish the enhancer block was externally controllable though, like for IA's.

What settings are you guys finding preferable? Are you finding it works better placed in any particular section of the chain since it is intended for stereo use? Also, this can't be turned off and on via an IA switch on an MFC?

Well, a noble spirit does embiggen the smallest man

Jebediah Springfield
latest

I put the enhancer block at the end of the chain, after the reverb block, per ancient yek wisdom (or another of the old guard) and usually leave it on the default settings. Boom, done.

how do you like to use it? Do you use it on rhythm and lead playing? Where do you find it works best in the chain? I'm curious about the enhancer, but I've never dove into it.
the Enhancer is specifically for Stereo output - it widens the image using various techniques. do always use a Stereo output setup?

What settings are you guys finding preferable? Are you finding it works better placed in any particular section of the chain since it is intended for stereo use? Also, this can't be turned off and on via an IA switch on an MFC?

I like the classical setting preferably (full pan right and left) and play w/widen and deepen to my liking, I personally like 70-80 wide, 60-70 deep.

Correct, put it at the end of your chain. It's your final OUT so to speak (of course there is no wrong way, but that is the most practical and logical)

No, unfortunately the enhancer block does not have any parameters that allow ext. controller assignment. The workaround I found to control enhancer on/off was to put a volume block before the enhancer in series, and then another volume block in parallel that bypasses the enhancer & other volume block. You can then assign each volume block's on/off state to a single ext. controller, like an IA on the MFC. Just make sure each Vol. block is set to mute instead of thru and each Vol. on/off state is opposite of each other (min, max knobs) so that when engaged, you are accessing only one signal at a time. Or you could use scenes...i unfortunately need more control than 8 scenes.

It works best at the very end of the chain. Putting it before will screw up your reverbs or any kind of stereo delays you might use.

I use it when playing alone at home in a few presets, but for live use with full band I think it muffles the soundscape. Im mostly into funky stuff....so that might explain it :)

Back
Top Bottom